ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport from India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Indianspouse
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

British passport from India

Post by Indianspouse » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi all,

We applied for our baby’s first British passport from Jalandhar, India a few weeks ago. My husband was invited for an interview at Jalandhar 2 weeks ago. 4 days after the interview, we received a text message saying that a parcel from DDGS is on the way to india via DHL. Next day another message received with another tracking number. Both parcels were addressed to “MY HUSBAND’S NAME XXXX”. However parcels have been delivered to British high commission in New Delhi via DHL. What does it mean? Has the passport been issued ? Or they have send the application to Delhi for further checks ? If so why 2 parcels?
Any reply is appreciated!

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport from India

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Just guessing: 1 package passport, 1 package documents?
This is how it happens in the UK...
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Indianspouse
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Indianspouse » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:57 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 pm
Thank you for your reply. We are hoping along the same lines.. it’s just that getting the passport sent in 4 days after interview is unheard of, especially when applying from India. Fingers crossed 😊

Indianspouse
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Indianspouse » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:25 am

Has anyone else received any text with tracking numbers from DHL (from DDGS )before receiving the passport in India ?

Indianspouse
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Indianspouse » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:18 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 pm
Hi Alterhase58, we received both parcels yesterday and like u said they had passport in one and documents in another parcel. Cheers 😊😊😊 chuffed to bits !😀😀😀