ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 months outside the country question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

flat21
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

3 months outside the country question

Post by flat21 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:51 pm

I have ILR visa and i heard that a person with this visa cannot be outside the country for 3 months in a year. I went on holiday in Japan this Oct for 3 weeks and im planning to travel again next year in March 2019 for 3 months therefore i would like to ask whether if this is possible. Would my travel on Oct 2018 still count on March 2019 since its only 5 months apart of each other? or is it possible as the travel was made on different years? Thank you

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 3 months outside the country question

Post by R-graphite » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:30 pm

ILR can become invalid if you stay 2 consecutive years outside the UK. Never heard of this 3 months rule!!

Also, ILR is not a visa per say. It is a permenant residency.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: 3 months outside the country question

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:14 pm

The 90 day absence only applies if you intend to get citizenship...for further info check the British citizenship forum..