ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to correct a mistake on application form which has been submitted online

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bnzy
Newly Registered
China

How to correct a mistake on application form which has been submitted online

Post by bnzy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my ILR application online and booked an appointment next week. When I checked the application form I printed, I found a mistake I have made. "Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 Jan 2018", I choose yes but my wife and child's extension visa were received before 11 Jan 2018.

I am very nervous now and I really want to know what should I do and what can I do before I go to the appointment?

OhBoy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How to correct a mistake on application form which has been submitted online

Post by OhBoy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:18 pm

For what it’s worth, I filled out my application form (set m) before I had all the necessary documents. And then submitted the application without correcting that I now had the necessary documents... of course once submitted you can’t get in and make corrections...
I then made written corrections on my hard copies of the application forms. I took these corrected pages with me to the Sopra appointment, where they uploaded the corrected forms for me... along with a single page explanation of why I’d included these corrected pages... Not ideal I suppose, but the application was nevertheless successful...

bnzy
Newly Registered
China

Re: How to correct a mistake on application form which has been submitted online

Post by bnzy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 pm

OhBoy wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:18 pm
For what it’s worth, I filled out my application form (set m) before I had all the necessary documents. And then submitted the application without correcting that I now had the necessary documents... of course once submitted you can’t get in and make corrections...
I then made written corrections on my hard copies of the application forms. I took these corrected pages with me to the Sopra appointment, where they uploaded the corrected forms for me... along with a single page explanation of why I’d included these corrected pages... Not ideal I suppose, but the application was nevertheless successful...
Thank you very much. I will take you way to deal with it!