ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rees
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR appointment

Post by Rees » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi, can you please help me with the following query - my visa is due to expire on 26th Feb 2019 and I am preparing my application and documents for ILR- I’ve filled the application with the new service and I’m trying to book an appointment on the Sopra Steria platform - the website states that applications can be made up to 28 days before expiry of visa - which would be 29th January- the next available appointment is on 11th Jan- would this be too early or ok to book? Anyone had any experiences with booking early appointments? I don’t want to have to rebook appointment/lose fees. Any advice please thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Rees wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:14 pm
Hi, can you please help me with the following query - my visa is due to expire on 26th Feb 2019 and I am preparing my application and documents for ILR- I’ve filled the application with the new service and I’m trying to book an appointment on the Sopra Steria platform - the website states that applications can be made up to 28 days before expiry of visa - which would be 29th January- the next available appointment is on 11th Jan- would this be too early or ok to book? Anyone had any experiences with booking early appointments? I don’t want to have to rebook appointment/lose fees. Any advice please thank you.
Why are you applying now if your visa is expriring in Feb?
Dont apply 28 days before your expiry. Only apply and submit within the qualifying period.
You can get appointments within 5-7 days or even next day or same day (if you pay more) with new system.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Also try to see if there are appointments in other places, change the postcode to search other areas.

Rees wrote:
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:46 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:39 pm
Also try to see if there are appointments in other places, change the postcode to search other areas.

Rees wrote:
If the OP books appointment for 11th Jan where as he qualifies not before 29th Jan OP may loose fee or visa may be rejected
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:48 pm

I agree
tier11417 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:46 pm
R-graphite wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Rees wrote:
If the OP books appointment for 11th Jan where as he qualifies not before 29th Jan OP may loose fee or visa may be rejected
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Rees wrote:
There are many visa routes to ILR and each one has different qualifying criteria.

Usually useful to state what your current visa route is and what date your initial visa was granted and what your date of entry was?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ricky83
Bangladesh

Post by ricky83 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:03 pm

my tier 2 general work visa is expiring on 29-jan-2020 but i am eligible to apply from 26-jan-2019 ( becuase i got my visa on 22-feb-2014 )

after sumbmitting online application on 26-jan-2019 will sopra ateria system not allow me to book appointment for biometrics ?

plz reply