ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

two jobs on Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

got
Newly Registered
Japan

two jobs on Tier 2

Post by got » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:15 pm

Dear Gurus,
I will complete 5 years on Tier 2 coming end july 2019. My visa is valid till 2020. I am serving my notice period in current job that ends on 7th Jan.
Scenario 1:
However subject to funds being available there is a chance that I may be reinstated any time between 17th Jan till 07th March for atleast one year further. I will have my visa not curtailed while the decision is made but will not be on payroll.
My first question will it affect my ILR?
Scenario 2:
I already have a new job offer valid till end july 2019 end that can sponsor tier 2 on a different soc code and at a different place of work. salary like my current job is above the threshold of experience worker and that required by ILR.
My second question is: Can I apply for a secondary employment on this new job for 20 hours on it if first scenario is applied. and then up it to full time if first/current job is no longer available.
In that case should I send my current BRP card? Do I need to pay IHS surcharge?
Scenario 3:
Can I apply for a secondary employment for 35hours/pw and reduce my current finishing employment via SMS and change of circumstances form to 20 hours in one go at the same time in my application. In that case should I send my current BRP card? Again will it affect my ILR negatively.
Is scenario 2 better than 3 in ILR context?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: two jobs on Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Scenario 1:
However subject to funds being available there is a chance that I may be reinstated any time between 17th Jan till 07th March for atleast one year further. I will have my visa not curtailed while the decision is made but will not be on payroll.
My first question will it affect my ILR?
If your employer notifies HO that you have left, which they must do within 10 days of your last day of work, your visa curtailment process kicks in. If you then choose to continue with your current employer, you have to apply for a new tier 2 visa and meet all the requirements again. Best option would be to NOT leave the job and negotiate to continue working with your current sponsor. You must be employed by your sponsor and have the 'foreseeable future' letter from them to apply for ILR.
Scenario 2:
I already have a new job offer valid till end july 2019 end that can sponsor tier 2 on a different soc code and at a different place of work. salary like my current job is above the threshold of experience worker and that required by ILR.
My second question is: Can I apply for a secondary employment on this new job for 20 hours on it if first scenario is applied. and then up it to full time if first/current job is no longer available.
In that case should I send my current BRP card? Do I need to pay IHS surcharge?
You can only apply for secondary employment visa if you have authorisation to do so. See page 57 in the link below. Note that secondary employment requires a visa and is different to supplementary employment.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_2018.pdf
Scenario 3:
Can I apply for a secondary employment for 35hours/pw and reduce my current finishing employment via SMS and change of circumstances form to 20 hours in one go at the same time in my application. In that case should I send my current BRP card? Again will it affect my ILR negatively.
Is scenario 2 better than 3 in ILR context?
You cannot work for less than 30 hours for your main tier 2 sponsor.

For ILR, it is ONLY you main tier 2 sponsor job and salary that counts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.