ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur 50K SET(o) Checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rock05
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur 50K SET(o) Checklist

Post by rock05 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:13 pm

aman90 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:56 pm
PAYE reference letter is not important
Sine your business is on RTI then you obviously registered.
Ask ur accountant. You probably gave it to him or he registered for it.. if he handles ur payroll as well..
Did you not submit it at time of extension.. you must have some back up..
I tend to scan all documents.
Hi Aman,

I have checked my extension file but I can't see PAYE reference letter.
shall I call HMRC to provide me this letter or can we use any other document ? I have few PAYE letter related to paye tax.

One of my employee packages was increased after the probation period . do I need to mention on the job table or just update the latest pay rate?

I have CT41G form which I did received on initial stages but after few month I had change the company name. the form I have is on the old company name. do I need to attach company name change paper as well?

Many Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:34 am

rock05 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:13 pm
aman90 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:56 pm
PAYE reference letter is not important
Sine your business is on RTI then you obviously registered.
Ask ur accountant. You probably gave it to him or he registered for it.. if he handles ur payroll as well..
Did you not submit it at time of extension.. you must have some back up..
I tend to scan all documents.
Hi Aman,

I have checked my extension file but I can't see PAYE reference letter.
shall I call HMRC to provide me this letter or can we use any other document ? I have few PAYE letter related to paye tax.
Not important

One of my employee packages was increased after the probation period . do I need to mention on the job table or just update the latest pay rate?
Huh? Yes of course. Every time the pay rate changed. Just ensure every months hours are more than 120 when salary divided by wage rate.
I have CT41G form which I did received on initial stages but after few month I had change the company name. the form I have is on the old company name. do I need to attach company name change paper as well?
Not important. You submitted these docs at extension?

Many Thanks
CAR(printed off webcheck)
CT600 and BB statement is enough for business registration.
Employee payslip and corresponding RTI FPS, employee ID’s and right to work(if required) for job creation evidence
Passports, BRP.
Life in uk cert.
English Lang cert.(optional)
The above docs cover the immigration rules and more than the guidance suggests.
Any dependants?

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:18 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:43 pm
Please find the below employee:

Employee 1 10-09-17 30-01-18 104 140 144 136 135 Carry forward to Employee 2

Employee 2 01-02-18 Ongoing 184 176 168 184 168 176 104 104

Employee 6 01-11-17 Ongoing 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160

Employee 2 employment was changed from full time to part time from 01-08-2018. No need to mention.

All employees are more than on minimum wage.

Many Thanks
Examine the highlighted portions closely. Ive deleted some months
In my opinion you qualify by them alone.
By- ADD the DEC18 RTI FPS for Dec 18 of employee 6 and it’ll be perfect .

I’m curious one of your employee’s worked 184hrs in a month. Are following the work time directive?
[/quote]

Hi Aman,
I am creating final table for employees.
In employee 2 you have deleted last 2 month which are Oct-104 and Nov-112 . is there any reason you have not remove Aug-104 and Sep-104 because we are claiming First 6 months full time employment.
Please clarify

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Extra employment is a good back up in case the you muddle the dates. You don’t need the months below 120 as ur adding DEC 18 for emp 3 but just for the sake above..
Copy ur final job creation table here(without personnel details)

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:11 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:20 pm
Extra employment is a good back up in case the you muddle the dates. You don’t need the months below 120 as ur adding DEC 18 for emp 3 but just for the sake above..
Final Job Creation Table:

Employee 1 : Sep-17 to Jan-18 104 140 144 136 135 Carry forward to Employee 2. (4 Month)

Employee 2 : Feb-18 - Ongoing 184 176 168 184 168 176 104 104 -- I can add upto Dec 2018 for safer side
(6 Months)

Employee 3 : Nov-17 - Dec-18 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 (14 month)

Let me know if any changes required or advise me about the employee 2 if I can show part time until December 2018 .

Many thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:37 pm

rock05 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:11 pm
aman90 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:20 pm
Final Job Creation Table:

Job 1

Employee 1 : ? Sep-17 to 31st-Jan-18 (payslips n RTI)
104 140 144 136 136
(4 Month)

Employee 2 : 1st-Feb-18 to 30th-SEP-18 (payslip n RTI)
184 176 168 184 168 176 104 104
(6 Months-ongoing)

Job 2

Employee 3 : ? Nov-17 - 31st-Dec-18
160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160 160
(14 month)

Let me know if any changes required or advise me about the employee 2 if I can show part time until December 2018
No

Many thanks
Can you complete the above table?

(Emp1 Sept 17 extra payslip
Emp2 Aug & Sept extra payslip
Keep them)

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi Aman,
Thank you, I am taking min salary from business which is zero tax and its showing on RTI.
do you think in that case I need to submit my personal bank statement?
does holiday pay hour include to complete the full time job ?
Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:51 pm

rock05 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Hi Aman,
Thank you, I am taking min salary from business which is zero tax and its showing on RTI. Standard practice
do you think in that case I need to submit my personal bank statement? Not required
does holiday pay hour include to complete the full time job? Huh what?
Thanks
I think the online form doesn’t ask for financial situation.. and if ur single.. you’ll look fine.. regardless you could have savings or a rich daddy..

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:24 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:51 pm
rock05 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Hi Aman,
Thank you, I am taking min salary from business which is zero tax and its showing on RTI. Standard practice
do you think in that case I need to submit my personal bank statement? Not required
does holiday pay hour include to complete the full time job? Huh what?
Thanks
I think the online form doesn’t ask for financial situation.. and if ur single.. you’ll look fine.. regardless you could have savings or a rich daddy..
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Let me correct my question:
My accountant has mentioned hours on payslips and in few payslips monthly hour are 130 including holiday pay hours. if I exclude holiday pay hours than monthly hours are below 130.
thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:01 pm

[/quote]
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Let me correct my question:
My accountant has mentioned hours on payslips and in few payslips monthly hour are 130 including holiday pay hours. if I exclude holiday pay hours than monthly hours are below 130.
thanks
[/quote]

Dude🙄
The salary per month is always inclusive of holiday pay. Both employer and employee pay tax on it..
Just stick to the formula please.

Monthly payslip divided by wage rate= no of hours
Or
Monthly payslip divided by no of hours per month=wage rate per hour.

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:03 am

Hi Aman90, Tier11417 and Meesha,

Need some clarification related to the online application form.
  • One of my employee contract was changed from full time to part time and the pay rate was increased after prohibition period. In the application form do I need to mention start date and end date of the full time employment and then again add same employee for part time ?? And related to rate do I need to mention the latest rate and mention in the cover letter that rate was changed after prohibition period. I have already listed on job creation table as Aman90 advised.
  • Evidence of your absence from the UK and crown dependencies -- I can't see any option for the passport. shall I tick on other and in the below box mention passport. I have seen in some thread that this question is not for Tier1
  • For the directors of a company- printout form companies house of the company filling history page and of a current appointment report to show that you are/were a director of each business for the period ----I used to had business partner which is not entrepreneur team. one of my employee was employed on that time when she was director as well, so do I need her sign as well on employee payslip but now she is not in business
  • I am construes about the below question, I am the only director of the company at the moment so do I need to choose no to both ---- Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people? (Required)

Yes

No

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support? (Required)

Yes

No

Tier11417 and Meesha has recently fill the form. please help me regarding the above question.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:33 am

rock05 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:03 am
Hi Aman90, Tier11417 and Meesha,

Need some clarification related to the online application form.
  • One of my employee contract was changed from full time to part time and the pay rate was increased after prohibition period. In the application form do I need to mention start date and end date of the full time employment and then again add same employee for part time ?? And related to rate do I need to mention the latest rate and mention in the cover letter that rate was changed after prohibition period. I have already listed on job creation table as Aman90 advised.
The online form unfoetunately only gives one slot to mention the wage rate. So I would assume that would be the current one. However, we are supposed to provide all previous wage rates and changes in employment hours etc for the period you are claiming, so I would advise you mention the start date and end date of the employee and add the current wage rate in the space provided and mention when he/she was full time or partime as the form asks so you would have to mention twice, rest provide all info in the job table in your cover letter as advised by aman also
  • Evidence of your absence from the UK and crown dependencies -- I can't see any option for the passport. shall I tick on other and in the below box mention passport. I have seen in some thread that this question is not for Tier1
No evidence is required for the absences for Tier 1. You choose “other” and mention “no evidence needed” in the reason
  • For the directors of a company- printout form companies house of the company filling history page and of a current appointment report to show that you are/were a director of each business for the period ----I used to had business partner which is not entrepreneur team. one of my employee was employed on that time when she was director as well, so do I need her sign as well on employee payslip but now she is not in business
you have to provide CAR for yourself to prove you were the director, it has nothing to do wity anything else
  • I am construes about the below question, I am the only director of the company at the moment so do I need to choose no to both ---- Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support
    You (as the applicant) have to sign Part 1 as the verification checks is for the consent you will provide to HO for your bank account statements and docs

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people? (Required)

If the bank account is in your name only then it will be NO. If its joint account then YES

Yes

No

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support? (Required)

If you are providing any statements which relate to any other person providing you financial support then Yes otherwise no. The question says it all itself

Yes

No

Tier11417 and Meesha has recently fill the form. please help me regarding the above question.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:58 am

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:33 am
rock05 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:03 am
The online form unfoetunately only gives one slot to mention the wage rate. So I would assume that would be the current one. However, we are supposed to provide all previous wage rates and changes in employment hours etc for the period you are claiming, so I would advise you mention the start date and end date of the employee and add the current wage rate in the space provided and mention when he/she was full time or partime as the form asks so you would have to mention twice, rest provide all info in the job table in your cover letter as advised by aman also
It’s probation and it’s irrelevant for the caseworker to know the reasons of how you run ur company.
I’ll post my table in a bit coz I don’t think you get it.
No evidence is required for the absences for Tier 1. You choose “other” and mention “no evidence needed” in the reason
Why on earth would anyone need to sign the payslips?

you have to provide CAR for yourself to prove you were the director, it has nothing to do wity anything else
    You (as the applicant) have to sign Part 1 as the verification checks is for the consent you will provide to HO for your bank account statements and docs

If the bank account is in your name only then it will be NO. If its joint account then YES

Yes

No

If you are providing any statements which relate to any other person providing you financial support then Yes otherwise no. The question says it all itself
    This question is not for you anyways..

Yes

No

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:18 am

The online form first asks the

start date of the job

then it asks about the start date of the employee

and then it asks if the employee is still on or left

and if the employee was part time or full time

Assuming example:

So lets see you are claiming 8 months for employee A for FT between Jan - Sep

01 Jan to 01 March he was FT 3 months wage rate 7.5
01 April to 01 May he was PT 1 month wage rate 7.83
01 May to 01 Sep he was FT again 5 months wage rate 7.83

I am not aware of your actual job and employees but the above is just an example.

So you would have to mention this employee 3 times as the form gives option for partime or full time.

And just mention the current wage rate.

OR

you will just mention the start date and end date 01 March to 01 Sep (or still working)
and current wage rate

(technically current wage rate is not true for 1 month) but the form does not allow us to mention previous wage rates.

So if you can mention previous wage rate only once so I guess you can just add start date and end date and mark the employee as FT (although he was not FT for 1 month)

but then u can provide a job table to clarify this.

Hope the example helps.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:47 am

Employee
Name SDwB Start Date End date Change Notes H/Rate M/ Hrs GMP F/T P/T

I can't put up the table but this what mine looked like. I only confirmed the changes.
I was in the same position as you. My part time became a full timer. The change notes was the area where i filled the dates the changes were made e.g w.e.f 01.01.18
I hope this helps.
Your employee 3's pay is static
Whenever the hours changed or the pay rate changed for each employee it was mentioned.
SDwB= start date with business
GMP= Gross monthly Pay
The rest is self explanatory. It won't take more then 10mins if you do it this way. But it'll make a whole of sense for yourself and the case worker.
I didnt write up a cover letter as i had no need to.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:50 am

aman90 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:47 am
Employee

I can't put up the table but this what mine looked like. I only confirmed the changes.
I was in the same position as you. My part time became a full timer. The change notes was the area where i filled the dates the changes were made e.g w.e.f 01.01.18
I hope this helps.
Whenever the hours changed or the pay rate changed for each employee it was mentioned.
GMP= Gross monthly Pay
The rest is self explanatory. It won't take more then 10mins if you do it this way. But it'll make a whole of sense for yourself and the case worker.
Gosh it looks terrible now.. just draw a table on microsoft word 10 columns and whatever number rows you need.

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:22 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:18 am

start date of the job

Assuming example:

I am not aware of your actual job and employees but the above is just an example.

So you would have to mention this employee 3 times as the form gives option for partime or full time.

OR

you will just mention the start date and end date 01 March to 01 Sep (or still working)
and current wage rate

(technically current wage rate is not true for 1 month) but the form does not allow us to mention previous wage rates.

So if you can mention previous wage rate only once so I guess you can just add start date and end date and mark the employee as FT (although he was not FT for 1 month)

Hope the example helps.
Thank you Tier11417 for explanation.

I am mentioning FT to PT with rate change on job table.

In Regards to the online Application form Employee hour rate was changed after 3 month of the start date and FT to PT was changed after six month of the start date.

Employee - Start date - Feb 2018 - Ongoing
Rate change : From May 2018
FT to PT : from Aug 2018

So in the application ,
I will mention Feb 2018 - July 2018 --- with Latest rate or do I need to mention initial rate?
and Aug 2018 -- Ongoing --- Part time with Latest rate

Please advise if this is correct.

Many Thanks

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:33 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:47 am
Employee

I hope this helps.
GMP= Gross monthly Pay
Hi Aman,
I have already created table and mentioned the changes in relate to the FT to PT and rate change.
In application , as you suggested i will put the start date - ongoing (FT with latest rate)

And instead of cover letter I will mention in application as there is box which says: if your case is complex you need to mention it will speed up your application

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:37 pm

rock05 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:22 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:18 am

start date of the job

Assuming example:

OR

and current wage rate

Hope the example helps.
Thank you Tier11417 for explanation.

I am mentioning FT to PT with rate change on job table.

In Regards to the online Application form Employee hour rate was changed after 3 month of the start date and FT to PT was changed after six month of the start date.

Employee - Start date - Feb 2018 - Ongoing
Rate change : From May 2018
FT to PT : from Aug 2018

So in the application ,
I will mention Feb 2018 - July 2018 --- with Latest rate or do I need to mention initial rate?
and Aug 2018 -- Ongoing --- Part time with Latest rate

Please advise if this is correct.

Many Thanks

I think just fill out the form with start date and end date with current rate and declare employee as FT

Then, as aman advised, show the rate changes and FT to PT in the job table and upload it with your documents.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:31 pm

You qualify alone with ur employees being full time.
Current rate only.
I only suggested those extra part time hour payslips as a back up. If it’s causing you trouble filling up the form then let it go.. just do the full time plus whatever the current rate is.
Also all ur employees are being paid way above minimum wage according to you.. and you have have hours way above minimum required.
so you really have nothing to worry about.
The job table confirmation table states your HOURS according to payslip and wage rate and leaves no margin for error for the case worker.

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:21 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:31 pm
You qualify alone with ur employees being full time.
Current rate only.
I only suggested those extra part time hour payslips as a back up. If it’s causing you trouble filling up the form then let it go.. just do the full time plus whatever the current rate is.
Also all ur employees are being paid way above minimum wage according to you.. and you have have hours way above minimum required.
so you really have nothing to worry about.
The job table confirmation table states your HOURS according to payslip and wage rate and leaves no margin for error for the case worker.
Thank you Aman90,

Related to absence , do i need to mention tier1 5 year absences only or when i first enter in UK?

Ques: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
--shall i answer i am born and brought up in my home country and stayed there till date

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 pm

Related to absence , do i need to mention tier1 5 year absences only or when i first enter in UK?

Absences are related to tier1 visa only.

Ques: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

No. (I presume you haven’t lived anywhere apart from UK and ur native country)

rock05
United Kingdom

Post by rock05 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:03 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi Aman90 / Tier11419

Application Ques: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I am little confused related to this question as it says including your country of birth.

Last 5 years on tier 1 I've lived in United Kingdom and all years before that were spent in my native country. What do I answer the question below. The wordings are a bit confusing.

I think as per my understanding I need say YES and mention I had stayed there from my birth date to xyz date.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:00 am

rock05 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:03 am
aman90 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi Aman90 / Tier11419

Application Ques: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I am little confused related to this question as it says including your country of birth.

Last 5 years on tier 1 I've lived in United Kingdom and all years before that were spent in my native country. What do I answer the question below. The wordings are a bit confusing.

I think as per my understanding I need say YES and mention I had stayed there from my birth date to xyz date correct and that xyz date will be when you moved to UK

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:08 am

The answer to this question is hardly gonna impact ur ILR application.

I would still answer No. and I have a logical reason for it.
But you can do whatever you want..