ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

James0
Newly Registered
India

EEA Family Permit Refusal

Post by James0 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:19 am

Hello everyone.

Im james from india
Im an extended family member of my uncle who os a portuguese national, working and settled in UK.
Im financially dependant on him.

My FP was refused stating 2 reasons

1. That our relationship doesnt qualify
As we did not have my mothers birth certificate we applied and got it this year. And since the birth certificate was registered after so many years of the birth event they are not considering it.
Also my uncle got his birth certificate again from portugal in 2012 and same that his birth certificate was registered after very long time of the birth event.

2. My uncle is in receipt of public funds. Even after my uncle has enough money to sponsor me once im there and adequate place for accommodation They stated that even i will become burden on the goverment fund.

We have provided all the supporting documents.
Even the pictures and calls and chats between my uncle and my mother and me. Why were they not considered for the relationship?

I have 2 doubts.

1. My friends used my accounts for transaction of some big amounts. Will my bank statements make any impact where they see money received from parties other than my sponsor?

2. They only gave those two reasons for refusal.
If i reapply will they try to dig reasons other than that which they did not mentioned in my first aaplication?

James0
Newly Registered
India

Re: EEA Family Permit Refusal

Post by James0 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:57 am

PLEASE PLEASE. IM IN URGENT NEED OF ADVICE.
can someone please go through my post and advise me?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:17 am

James0 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:19 am
Hello everyone.

Im james from india
Im an extended family member of my uncle who os a portuguese national, working and settled in UK.

As we did not have my mothers birth certificate we applied and got it this year. And since the birth certificate was registered after so many years of the birth event they are not considering it.
Also my uncle got his birth certificate again from portugal in 2012 and same that his birth certificate was registered after very long time of the birth event.

2. My uncle is in receipt of public funds. Even after my uncle has enough money to sponsor me once im there and adequate place for accommodation They stated that even i will become burden on the goverment fund.

Even the pictures and calls and chats between my uncle and my mother and me. Why were they not considered for the relationship?

I have 2 doubts.

1. My friends used my accounts for transaction of some big amounts. Will my bank statements make any impact where they see money received from parties other than my sponsor?

If i reapply will they try to dig reasons other than that which they did not mentioned in my first aaplication?
I can't comment on the validity of the birth certificates, apart from querying whether your Mother and Uncle's birth was never registered until recently?

If your Uncle is claiming Public funds, the ECO may well have considered that if he is unable to support himself without receiving benefits, how will he support you? :idea:

Photographs, chat logs etc don't prove you are related through your mother.

If you have received large sums of money from a third party, it may be seen as financial support, weakening your claim for dependency on your Uncle.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

James0
Newly Registered
India

Post by James0 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:04 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:17 am
James0 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Im james from india

I have 2 doubts.

I can't comment on the validity of the birth certificates, apart from querying whether your Mother and Uncle's birth was never registered until recently?

If your Uncle is claiming Public funds, the ECO may well have considered that if he is unable to support himself without receiving benefits, how will he support you? :idea:

Photographs, chat logs etc don't prove you are related through your mother.

If you have received large sums of money from a third party, it may be seen as financial support, weakening your claim for dependency on your Uncle.

1st is there anything we can do about the public fund thing?
Caz clearly if a person is in receipt of public funds it does not mean he cannot sponsor the dependant.
Also i have a cousin who is his son. Can we somehow show that both of them jointly will be able to support me once im there?

My uncle is settled with his family there. He might be receiving a child tax credit or housing benefit.
I dont think that can affect me in any way?
If yes. Please tell me how to reason it

2nd but they did not mention anything about the money i received in the refusal letter. If i reapply any chance they will consider that point to refuse again?

James0
Newly Registered
India

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR EEA Family Permit Refusal

Post by James0 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:11 pm

James0 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Im james from india

I have 2 doubts.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:52 pm

I'm not sure why you've re-posted the same questions after just a few minutes!

The question would be, if your Uncle wasn't claiming Public funds, would he be able to support you financially? It could be considered that the benefits will go towards his financial sponsorship. :idea:

Your cousin can't sponsor you if your application if you aren't financially dependent on him.

You haven't responded to my questions regarding the birth registration of your Mother and Uncle.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

James0
Newly Registered
India

Post by James0 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:52 pm

The question would be, if your Uncle wasn't claiming Public funds, would he be able to support you financially? It could be considered that the benefits will go towards his financial sponsorship. :idea:

Your cousin can't sponsor you if your application if you aren't financially dependent on him.

You haven't responded to my questions regarding the birth registration of your Mother and Uncle.

Oh it was a mistake.

I dont think if he's receiving child tax credit or housing benefit that is going to affect me.
So i wont be a burden on the public fund.

And yes.
My uncles birth certificate was registered in 2012
And my mothers birth certificate was registered in 2018.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:25 pm

James0 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:51 pm
Casa wrote:

Oh it was a mistake.

I dont think if he's receiving child tax credit or housing benefit that is going to affect me.

And yes.
Well, as one of the reasons for refusal was due to your Uncle claiming Public funds, I believe it will affect your application as it has already proved to do so. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

James0
Newly Registered
India

Post by James0 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Is there any way i can prove i wont be depending on the public funds and i will work and support myself?

James0
Newly Registered
India

Post by James0 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:25 pm
James0 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:51 pm
Casa wrote:

Oh it was a mistake.

And yes.
Well, as one of the reasons for refusal was due to your Uncle claiming Public funds, I believe it will affect your application as it has already proved to do so. :idea:

Anyway i can justify i wont be depending on the public funds?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Casa wrote:

As I've already suggested in my previous comments above, if your Uncle needs to claim Public funds such as Housing Benefit to meet his basic living costs, how will he have the available finances to support another person..i.e you?
(Casa, not CR001)

James0
Newly Registered
India

Post by James0 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:46 pm
Casa wrote:

As I've already suggested in my previous comments above, if your Uncle needs to claim Public funds such as Housing Benefit to meet his basic living costs, how will he have the available finances to support another person..i.e you?

But he's already sponsoring me since long. What difference will it make if he has to sponsor me once im there?