ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK: The final insult

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

netacct

Post by netacct » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:11 am

There is a difference between exploitation and agreeing to something.
Its my choice whether to have tea at small pub and pay £1.5 or go to some seven star hotel and pay £100.
Everyone knows and agrees to the fact that HO is making a lot of money charging huge fees but whose fault it is?
Its our choice whether we take that route it or not.
When they know that millions are desperate to settle in UK at any cost they will play the rules in their interest.
Most of the HSMP immigrants make descent money in their respective home country and still they choose to come over here for something better life.

Being a human, it is perfectly understandable and acceptable that we have the right to better life, may be those who are opposed to immigration do not understand that.

If HO rejects my application for legitimate reason then I have no right to complain. Otherwise, I will anyway follow the normal procedure to the application sorted out. People who work there also humans and have to handles thousands of applications and to err is to human.

Problem lies with the basic instinct characteristic of human to generalizing/stereotyping the things whatever the case me. Mostly dearly beloved people will always do that by always complaining about certain sections of the society.

If we people really want to contribute something to the society why cant we work in our country and contribute or why not go to Africa and do something. The simple fact is that we all here to make our own life better and better and not to make contribution to UK (even if that happens by default) and UK wants immigrants depending on what they need.

In the end, everyone is going to see their own self interest.

If we are so much opposed to the life in UK test, why cant we all stop giving it? Why not refuse?

How many immigrants have really integrated well here?
How many Britishers accept immigrants by heart?
How many Britishers have integrated well when they immigrated to countries like Aus, NZ, Canada, Spain, France, SA etc etc.. They all still speak English and follow their own things.

Mighty is right and might rules the world.

heretic

Post by heretic » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:43 pm

netacct wrote:There is a difference between exploitation and agreeing to something.
Its my choice whether to have tea at small pub and pay £1.5 or go to some seven star hotel and pay £100.
Everyone knows and agrees to the fact that HO is making a lot of money charging huge fees but whose fault it is?
Its our choice whether we take that route it or not.
When they know that millions are desperate to settle in UK at any cost they will play the rules in their interest.
Most of the HSMP immigrants make descent money in their respective home country and still they choose to come over here for something better life.

Being a human, it is perfectly understandable and acceptable that we have the right to better life, may be those who are opposed to immigration do not understand that.

If HO rejects my application for legitimate reason then I have no right to complain. Otherwise, I will anyway follow the normal procedure to the application sorted out. People who work there also humans and have to handles thousands of applications and to err is to human.

Problem lies with the basic instinct characteristic of human to generalizing/stereotyping the things whatever the case me. Mostly dearly beloved people will always do that by always complaining about certain sections of the society.

If we people really want to contribute something to the society why cant we work in our country and contribute or why not go to Africa and do something. The simple fact is that we all here to make our own life better and better and not to make contribution to UK (even if that happens by default) and UK wants immigrants depending on what they need.

In the end, everyone is going to see their own self interest.

If we are so much opposed to the life in UK test, why cant we all stop giving it? Why not refuse?

How many immigrants have really integrated well here?
How many Britishers accept immigrants by heart?
How many Britishers have integrated well when they immigrated to countries like Aus, NZ, Canada, Spain, France, SA etc etc.. They all still speak English and follow their own things.

Mighty is right and might rules the world.
netacct - none of us came off the Amistad here - the days of non-consentaneous exploitation are largely gone..........

doesn't mean that if I agreed to migrate mean I accept what ever brash decisions the Ho makes..........immigration is not a one way street........at least economic immigration isn't (IMO)............so get off you pedestal and stop shouting that immigrants don't have the right to complain........

and if the 7 star hotel in the middle of your tea drinking session asked for a further £50 coz the price of tea just went up - i not so sure you will agree................

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 pm

Do you get your certificate back if you submit for ILR?

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Well when my applic was refused I got it back. I don't know if you get it back if you are approved.
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

quixote1
Newly Registered

Post by quixote1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:58 pm

When my fiancee, now my wife, came to the UK the Life in the UK test hadn't been introduced. So it came as a nasty shock when this new test hurdle was thrust in her way to ILR. She will pass it sooner or later but she is studying English full time, and we have a baby daughter so at the moment it really feels like too much.

I also resent the money we have to spend on the test and the visas. We will contribute far more to the UK than it contributes to us, even without the punitive visas charges. The test is just to appease the Daily Mail / Sun readers who confuse legal and illegal immigration.

Regards