ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Set(O) - declaration form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR - add countries before coming to UK

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:56 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:54 pm
Yes, it is set(O)

It does ask:

Add another country the applicant has visited or lived in - no matter how long you have lived there.

I recall you submitted your application recently. What was your situation i.e. did you visit another country before coming to UK?

Thanks
R
I have posted the original attachment. Atleast it does not ask me this question.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Yes, you are right.

When you enter details in the above form, save it and return to main page of the main applicant, it asks exactly this:

Add another country the applicant has visited or lived in Add

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:12 pm

It's another matter when you click add above, it again asks for the countries where you have lived in....

Which, in combination, is making it quite confusing.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:53 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:12 pm
It's another matter when you click add above, it again asks for the countries where you have lived in....

Which, in combination, is making it quite confusing.
Just answer the question as it appears. Dont worry about the main page when you return. Take a screen shot, blur out personal details and post the attachment here for more clarity.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:15 pm

I have gone through it again:

I know what you mean. But even if you click the link on the main page to add a country, it navigates you to the original question. Original question only asks you “country lived in” (see attachment in previous post). So ignore the “visited”.
Attachments
AFF07354-5D3F-4497-AFF6-4F3D193ADDC6.jpeg
AFF07354-5D3F-4497-AFF6-4F3D193ADDC6.jpeg (97.78 KiB) Viewed 1830 times

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:16 pm

The attachment form 1.png is no longer available
here it is...

on the above, when you click - add another country that applicant has visited or lived in...

the below opens
form 2.png
form 2.png (20.91 KiB) Viewed 1829 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:18 pm

read my last post

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Okay.

So, what which countries should be listed as 'lived in'? Is there any guideline for that?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:22 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:20 pm
Okay.

So, what which countries should be listed as 'lived in'? Is there any guideline for that?

Countries you lived in. Simple. e.g. work, study etc

Short stays will go in “absences” during the 5 year qualifying period.
Ignore short stays before 5 year period.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:26 pm

I am referring to the period before coming to UK that is before Jan 2014

for example, I went to USA in 2006 for 2 months, then in 2009 for 3 months and again 1 month...
2 weeks in Luxembourg in 2010

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:31 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:26 pm
I am referring to the period before coming to UK that is before Jan 2014

for example, I went to USA in 2006 for 2 months, then in 2009 for 3 months and again 1 month...
2 weeks in Luxembourg in 2010
In that case I have been to other countries outside UK around 50+ times going back to 1980s. Do you think I have to mention all? No.

You have to mention only living in. You were not living in USA or Luxembourg in 2006 or 2010. It was only a visit. So ignore that.

What was the purpose of your visit to USA for 3 months?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:00 am

Purpose of 3 months in USA was visiting a client for training on their product and requirements gathering for further work on their product.

You have suggested to ignore 'visited' stuff - in my view, just like it does not matter how many times one has been away from UK during qualifying period, one has to mention all absences, if the form is asking to list all countries visited before coming to UK - then they should be mentioned - no matter how exhaustive it is.

I am particularly caught by 2 phrases: 'visited' and 'no matter how long you lived there'

what do you think now?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:46 am

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:00 am
Purpose of 3 months in USA was visiting a client for training on their product and requirements gathering for further work on their product.

You have suggested to ignore 'visited' stuff - in my view, just like it does not matter how many times one has been away from UK during qualifying period, one has to mention all absences, if the form is asking to list all countries visited before coming to UK - then they should be mentioned - no matter how exhaustive it is.

I am particularly caught by 2 phrases: 'visited' and 'no matter how long you lived there'

what do you think now?
I cant comment any further. There is NO “visited” in the original question. The question very clearly asks for countries “lived in”. We have to answer as per what the question asks.
Anyways thats your application, suit yourself.

As for the absences are concerned, the guidance and form both asks for it.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanks for all your replies.

@CR001, can you please confirm/comment on this?

Also, on consent, as I have posted a question earlier:

The list of document says:

Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on <main applicant> for joint accounts or third party support

This is because I have marked YES for the following consent:

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

And, NO for the following consent:

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

My understanding is I will sign part 1 and my spouse will sign part 2 of family_consent form available online as we are providing some documents on both our names for cohabitation purpose..

My Question: is the understanding correct?

Or, since I provide financial support to my child, is there a need for another consent? For example, I sign part 3 in a new copy of family_consent form for my child? Should I mark YES for the following:

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Further, on Declaration:The list of document says the following:

Declaration signed by <main applicant> to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks

My question: is there a separate document for declaration besides 'declaration' tab in the online applications?

Thanks
R

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm

In addition to above, I have one more question:

In the employer letter:

A. days between initial tier 2 (general) visa issue date and UK entry date are in the list of absences.

B. one absence is listed when I went to Belgium and returned to UK on the same date. The online form is not allowing to enter this trip since both outward and inward dates are same.

My question: is it fine to let those absence entries be there in the employer letter? And, explain this in the cover letter?

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Dear board

I am submitting the online application on 30th Dec, so looking to complete my application from all perspective and ensure all the information is correct by tomorrow.

Your replies to couple of above posts will be very helpful. Bit urgent.

Thanks
R

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:06 pm

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm
In addition to above, I have one more question:

In the employer letter:

A. days between initial tier 2 (general) visa issue date and UK entry date are in the list of absences

B. one absence is listed when I went to Belgium and returned to UK on the same date. The online form is not allowing to enter this trip since both outward and inward dates are same.

My question: is it fine to let those absence entries be there in the employer letter? And, explain this in the cover letter?
Should be fine!

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:47 am

Dear moderators

Please can you reply to my questions in the above 3-4 posts - related to consent/declaration, absences, countries lived in/visited?

Bit urgent now.

Thanks
R

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:39 am

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:47 am
Dear moderators

Please can you reply to my questions in the above 3-4 posts - related to consent/declaration, absences, countries lived in/visited?

Bit urgent now.

Thanks
R
This is a new system. Whereas the postal application had its set of ambiguous questions that one had to figure out none of us came across ur predicaments.
I admire ur approach to be precise. We can only give an educated opinion. If someone’s not saying anything it’s coz either it’s coz of the holidays or we don’t know the answer.
The visit question is strange. Just mention ur visits and where you lived. There can’t be a right or wrong answer. It is what it is.
To the consent. Again do what you think is right.
Either option is ok as you are the accounts signatory.
Abt the declaration.. of you didn’t see any extra one then there isn’t. If by any chance you do mess up I’m sure sopra stevia will let you know. After all they are being paid to handle ur application.
If ur still concerned write up a letter to HO and tell them you got confused on these areas and they need to be more clear for super intelligent people.
You mentioned the absences in ur employment lettter.. your passports, employee letter and the form tell the story.
I doubt ur gonna get rejected or your application will be declared as invalid over such questions.
Stop fretting..

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Online Set(O) - declaration form

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am

Dear board

I have now submitted the online set(O) application for self as main applicant and for dependents (partner and child).

I have few questions on documents to be submitted.

On document upload tab on sopra website, under my name (main applicant), as part of mandatory documents, it asks:

1. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on <main applicant> for joint accounts or third party support

I understand since I am submitting joint utility documents for cohabitation, my partner and I need to sign part 2 and part 1 of the family_consent.pdf form respectively. Is this understanding correct?

2. Further, it asks to submit'declaration Declaration signed by <main applicant> to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.

Which document do I need to submit for the declaration?

Lastly, it asks to submit proof of application for all applicants. For main applicant, it is in mandatory documents section and for dependents, it is under optional section.

Which documents should be submitted for proof of application?

Many thanks for your continued support.

R

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Online Set(O) - declaration form

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:49 am

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am
Dear board

I have now submitted the online set(O) application for self as main applicant and for dependents (partner and child).

I have few questions on documents to be submitted.

On document upload tab on sopra website, under my name (main applicant), as part of mandatory documents, it asks:

1. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on <main applicant> for joint accounts or third party support

I understand since I am submitting joint utility documents for cohabitation, my partner and I need to sign part 2 and part 1 of the family_consent.pdf form respectively. Is this understanding correct? you as the main applicant sign Part 1 and partner part 2

2. Further, it asks to submit'declaration Declaration signed by <main applicant> to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks. I think its the same thing as above, there is only 1 consent form to be submitted as it covers both the bank accounts and documents verification for HO

Which document do I need to submit for the declaration?

Lastly, it asks to submit proof of application for all applicants. For main applicant, it is in mandatory documents section and for dependents, it is under optional section.

Which documents should be submitted for proof of application?
current passport and consent form

Many thanks for your continued support.

R

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:33 am

Under mandatory documents for main applicant it is asking to upload (copied text as it appears on their website):

Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on <main applicant> for joint accounts or third party support, Declaration signed by <main applicant> to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks, The passport issued by <home country> for <main applicant>

Consent form is fine: family_consent.pdf - I (main applicant) have signed part 1 and my wife has singed part 2

What is the declaration singed by...? Which document to be submitted for this?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 am

Its the same thing I believe. I reckon, you are getting it twice is because you have 2 applications (yours and wifes).

In my case I only see this:
Declaration signed by Mr xxxxxx to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:16 am

For your declaration, will you use family_consent.pdf and sign its part 1?

In our case, do you think we should submit family_consent.pdf twice?

once, part 1 singed by me and part 2 by my wife? <for the consent for joint accounts>
twice, part 1 - signed only by me? for the declaration signed by <main applicant>

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 am

rahuldwh2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:16 am
For your declaration, will you use family_consent.pdf and sign its part 1? yes

In our case, do you think we should submit family_consent.pdf twice? No. once is fine, read the wordings it covers both accounts and documents

once, part 1 singed by me and part 2 by my wife? <for the consent for joint accounts>
twice, part 1 - signed only by me? for the declaration signed by <main applicant>