ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with ILR online Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MEP10JL
Newly Registered
China

Help with ILR online Form

Post by MEP10JL » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:25 am

Hi All,

I am filling my application for ILR through 5 year spouse visa. I understand that the application form is now online only after 1st November, 2018.

I need some help to clarify some of my questions, any help will be appreciated.

1) Are there any restriction for ILR through 5 years spouse visa on the time absence from UK?

I understand that there is a restriction on ILR through 10 years residences and on ILR based on Point-Base (Immigration Rules part 6A: the points-based system, 245AAA). Does it the same restriction apply on ILR on 5 years spouse visa?

I have read through the immigration rules, I can't find any information regarding to contiguous period lawfully in the UK for ILR on 5 years spouse visa.

2)At the on-line application form, there are many questions which was optional on the old paper application.

a) Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?

I think many people are confused with this question, and I also want to know what it is the purpose of this question.

I answer "No" to this question, I explain that my husband has a permanent job in UK and he doesn't has Chinese passport, so he can't live with me in China permanently.

I am bit concerned with this question. I heard a case that HO refuse ILR because they think a couple doesn't need to live together in UK even though they all have a good paid job and expecting a child soon.

b) Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

I don't understand what social groups/cultural ties they are refereeing.

Thank you all for your help in advance.

Wish you all a very Happy New Year

MEP10JL
Newly Registered
China

Re: Help with ILR online Form

Post by MEP10JL » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:37 am

I forget to ask one more important question

After 24th February, 2019, I will complete my 60 moths (5 years) spouse visa for ILR

When is the earliest date I can submit my application and book the appointment?

I read through this forum, some say I can do it 28 days prior to the completion date

I want to know that if the 28 days is referring to application submission date or the appointment date?

many thanks

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 am

Hi

We just done the online application and still needs to attend the appointment. Below is what I answered but experienced members can give more information.

You are right there’s no restriction on number of days for absences for SET(M) and you just need to declare all the days you are out of UK.

I declared as NO to live outside UK stating spouse employment and kids schooling etc.

I declared NO to social groups and wrote the only contact I have with home country is parents and friends.

I believe you have calculated your qualifying period from the date you entered to UK on spouse visa (if you switched into spouse visa in the UK then it’s visa issue date).

Application date/Appointment date is still not very clear and I have seen people in the forum who submitted application beyond 28 days but attended the appointment within 28 days got approved. So if you can,I suggest wait until qualifying period (I printed my submitted form for my own records and it says application date as the date you press the submit button).

The only downside with this is most of the sopra appointments at Libraries are fully booked for 14 days and you are given with expensive appointments.

MEP10JL
Newly Registered
China

Post by MEP10JL » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:06 pm

rivercam wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 am
Hi

We just done the online application and still needs to attend the appointment. Below is what I answered but experienced members can give more information.

You are right there’s no restriction on number of days for absences for SET(M) and you just need to declare all the days you are out of UK.

I declared as NO to live outside UK stating spouse employment and kids schooling etc.

I declared NO to social groups and wrote the only contact I have with home country is parents and friends.

I believe you have calculated your qualifying period from the date you entered to UK on spouse visa (if you switched into spouse visa in the UK then it’s visa issue date).

Application date/Appointment date is still not very clear and I have seen people in the forum who submitted application beyond 28 days but attended the appointment within 28 days got approved. So if you can,I suggest wait until qualifying period (I printed my submitted form for my own records and it says application date as the date you press the submit button).

The only downside with this is most of the sopra appointments at Libraries are fully booked for 14 days and you are given with expensive appointments.
Thank you for your reply. I think I am planning to submit my application within 28 days of my competition date, hopefully, I am able to book an appointment soon after that.

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi!! Have you submitted your SET(M) today? Did you chose super priority service! Was it available? I cant wait for this answer!

Thanks
rivercam wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 am
Hi

I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi R-graphite

Not Today, but few days ago and at time it gave me a choice to choose between standard/super priority option.