ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR OR SET (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Surrey_dk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

FLR OR SET (M)

Post by Surrey_dk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi all

just wanted to apply the visa for my wife and not sure which visa to apply as on home office website it says she might be eligible to apply for ILR .

She came to uk in 08-2016 on PBS dependent visa ( i was on TIER 1 ENTER) AND WE APPLIED FOR AN EXTENSION ON TIER 1.SHE GOT VISA TILL 05-2019.

AND THEN I GOT INDEFINITE LEAVE ON 01-2018.

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS 2-YEAR OR 5-YEAR ROUTE AS IT DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING ON HER LETTERS FROM HOME OFFICE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

THANKS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR OR SET (M)

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Your previous post suggests you applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/10-years-lon ... l#p1572589

If this is the case, your spouse has no other option but to apply for FLR(M) spouse visa, which will reset her clock for ILR based on 5 years residence, to zero. She will need to have 2 x 2.5 year FLR(M) visas before she can apply for ILR on Set(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Surrey_dk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: FLR OR SET (M)

Post by Surrey_dk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:13 pm

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE.

YES I DID ON 10 YEARS LONG RESIDENCE .

ITS JUST VERY CONFUSING ON THERE WEBSITE.

THANKS VERY MUCH