ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application question (Sick leave)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohsin125
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application question (Sick leave)

Post by mohsin125 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi,

I am soon applying for my ILR application (via Tier 2) and had a few questions that I could not find specific answers for on the website.

1. I have not exceeded the 180 day rule in the last 5 years. My maximum stay outside the UK was 45 days consecutive. Out of the 45 days, I had almost 25 days from my annual leave. Before the holidays I was on paid sick leave and because I did not fully recover in the holiday period, I extended my stay at home (Pakistan) for another 20ish days. Throughout the holiday and sick leave, I was getting paid.

My question is, does my employer need to say anything different on the absence letter for the sick leave period? If yes, can someone tell what I need to request?

2. I have also had a gap of 2 weeks between changing employers. I was within UK throughout this 2 week period. Do I need to provide anything for it?

Thanks

RWA1
Pakistan

Re: ILR application question (Sick leave)

Post by RWA1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:25 am

mohsin125 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:52 pm
Hi,

I am soon applying for my ILR application (via Tier 2) and had a few questions that I could not find specific answers for on the website.

1. I have not exceeded the 180 day rule in the last 5 years. My maximum stay outside the UK was 45 days consecutive. Out of the 45 days, I had almost 25 days from my annual leave. Before the holidays I was on paid sick leave and because I did not fully recover in the holiday period, I extended my stay at home (Pakistan) for another 20ish days. Throughout the holiday and sick leave, I was getting paid.

My question is, does my employer need to say anything different on the absence letter for the sick leave period? If yes, can someone tell what I need to request?

2. I have also had a gap of 2 weeks between changing employers. I was within UK throughout this 2 week period. Do I need to provide anything for it?

Thanks
For your first question, the guidance document explains it just needs your abscences from the UK and crown dependencies.

About tge second question, I would recommend rereading the Absence section in the guidance. My guess would be you might need a letter from the employer whose visa you were under during those two weeks to give confirmation.