ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK NARIC Statement of Comparability - Purpose of Enquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beckmann
Newly Registered
India

UK NARIC Statement of Comparability - Purpose of Enquiry

Post by beckmann » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Hello,

I am currently on PBS DEPENDANT visa (My Husband came to UK on Tier 2 ICT and is now a British citizen).

I am applying for ILR and have submitted the Set(O) online application. I have a UKVCAS (Sopra Steria) appointment next week. I have the following supporting documents -

1) Passport + BRP Card
2) UK NARIC English Language Assessment certificate obtained in May 2014
3) Life in the UK pass notification letter obtained in Feb 2018
4) A letter from my Engineering college in Karnataka (India) on the college letter head stating that my medium of instruction was English (obtained in April 2014)

Queries:

1) As stated above, I already have the English Language Assessment certificate from UK NARIC and I need to apply for Statement of Comparability (SoC). When applying for SoC online, what should be the Purpose of Enquiry? Is it "Visa and Nationality"?
If yes, should I select Immigration Tier as "Family, Settlement and Nationality" or "Tier 2"?

2) Can I submit my BRP card as the "evidence of immigration status in the UK"? The reason I am asking is I have been asked to provide the current BRP card as a separate supporting document on the checklist.

Please clarify.

RWA1
Pakistan

Re: UK NARIC Statement of Comparability - Purpose of Enquiry

Post by RWA1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:35 am

beckmann wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:32 pm
Hello,

I am currently on PBS DEPENDANT visa (My Husband came to UK on Tier 2 ICT and is now a British citizen).

I am applying for ILR and have submitted the Set(O) online application. I have a UKVCAS (Sopra Steria) appointment next week. I have the following supporting documents -

1) Passport + BRP Card
2) UK NARIC English Language Assessment certificate obtained in May 2014
3) Life in the UK pass notification letter obtained in Feb 2018
4) A letter from my Engineering college in Karnataka (India) on the college letter head stating that my medium of instruction was English (obtained in April 2014)

Queries:

1) As stated above, I already have the English Language Assessment certificate from UK NARIC and I need to apply for Statement of Comparability (SoC). When applying for SoC online, what should be the Purpose of Enquiry? Is it "Visa and Nationality"?
If yes, should I select Immigration Tier as "Family, Settlement and Nationality" or "Tier 2"?

2) Can I submit my BRP card as the "evidence of immigration status in the UK"? The reason I am asking is I have been asked to provide the current BRP card as a separate supporting document on the checklist.

Please clarify.
Hi, for one it would be family settlement and nationality.