ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scanning documemts

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tbbcuk

Scanning documemts

Post by tbbcuk » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:19 am

My wife is due to apply SET(M), I heard about this new system you can upload documents online.
May I ask, do they have to be the scanned version of the paper original,
Or we can upload the electronic version of the original, ie pdf downloaded from online banking or pdf gas bill from SSE website etc?? As this will save a lot of time from scanning.

Thank you.

RWA1
Pakistan

Re: Scanning documemts

Post by RWA1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:13 am

Hi,

I think gas bill/electric should be okay. Not sure about bank statements. Logically they ought to be. Would be interested in other peoples experience

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:24 am

tbbcuk wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:19 am
My wife is due to apply SET(M), I heard about this new system you can upload documents online.
May I ask, do they have to be the scanned version of the paper original,
Or we can upload the electronic version of the original, ie pdf downloaded from online banking or pdf gas bill from SSE website etc?? As this will save a lot of time from scanning.

Thank you.
PDF gas bills from website are fine. Bank statements better to have originals scanned if you have although I believe monthly statements uploaded onto online banking should be fine also. The new system says evidence can be originals or copies. However, I am more inclined to provide original bank statements scanned in only bank statements case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:42 am

How will they know if it’s original copy or photocopy of the document after it has been scanned. Most important thing is for it to be clear and legible. And also I don’t think there should be any problem with pdf uploads except that in some cases you will need to stamp with bank before scanning.
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:40 pm

bizman wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:42 am
How will they know if it’s original copy or photocopy of the document after it has been scanned. Most important thing is for it to be clear and legible. And also I don’t think there should be any problem with pdf uploads except that in some cases you will need to stamp with bank before scanning.
The original bank statemnts what you get monthly posted to your address have a barcode on it.
I certaintly believe the online statements will be sufficient also. But just to be on the safe side I will get the bank statement stamped from bank if you dont have access to originals.

If incase you bank with barclays, you can get the stamped bank statement from the self machine. It is stamped and date and time stamped also which is accepted. If some other bank try getting stamped from them.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:08 pm

In past PDF downloads for bank statements were not acceptable for UKBI. I would prefer to scan original or downloaded versions stamped by bank.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Meesha wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:08 pm
In past PDF downloads for bank statements were not acceptable for UKBI. I would prefer to scan original or downloaded versions stamped by bank.
Yes but the new system says evidence can be originals or copies so most likely online bank statements will be accepted. Also, the consent we provide is for HO to have any verification checks incase HO has any doubts so I dont think they can reject online statements which are properly generated and have banks logo and all info etc.
Having said that, if you have access to originals thats the best. If you are stuck, Im pretty sure its a safe bet to use online statements.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:07 am

Thank you so much for everyone input!