ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 entrepreneur to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Basel_AH
Jordan

Tier 1 entrepreneur to ILR

Post by Basel_AH » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 am

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions about the new online application process. My wife and I have completed 5 years a month ago.

- Can my wife not apply to ILR with me and apply later when I receive it? Our Tier 1 visas expire in June 2019 and my application can take longer than that, would she be able to apply alone if it drags?
- Is there a fast track service for Tier 1 entrepreneur main applicant or dependent?

Thank you,
Basel

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur to ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am

Basel_AH wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 am
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions about the new online application process. My wife and I have completed 5 years a month ago.

- Can my wife not apply to ILR with me and apply later when I receive it? Our Tier 1 visas expire in June 2019 and my application can take longer than that, would she be able to apply alone if it drags?
- Is there a fast track service for Tier 1 entrepreneur main applicant or dependent?

Thank you,
Basel
If your wife’s visa is valid till June 2019 she can apply anytime before the visa expiry. You as the main applicant can apply on your own if you wish given you have fulfilled all the requirements. If your visa is still not decided by June, she can always apply as a PBS dependent.

There is no super priority for main applicant. But incase your visa is successful before you apply for your wife, you can use the super priority 24 hours service for her (dependent).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Basel_AH
Jordan

Post by Basel_AH » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:06 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am
Basel_AH wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you,
Basel

If your wife’s visa is valid till June 2019 she can apply anytime before the visa expiry. You as the main applicant can apply on your own if you wish given you have fulfilled all the requirements. If your visa is still not decided by June, she can always apply as a PBS dependent.

There is no super priority for main applicant. But incase your visa is successful before you apply for your wife, you can use the super priority 24 hours service for her (dependent).

So can I apply for my wife online with the new system to join my running application?

I saw a post on the forum about a VIP service that costs £9,100 and read about it on a couple of solicitor websites. Did anyone try it? Is it true?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Basel_AH wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:06 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am
Basel_AH wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you,
Basel

So can I apply for my wife online with the new system to join my running application?
Yes i am pretty sure you should be able to but wait for someone else to second this opinion. You can just run a dummy application with dummy details to check. It will hardly take 15 min so you will know for sure

I saw a post on the forum about a VIP service that costs £9,100 and read about it on a couple of solicitor websites. Did anyone try it? Is it true?
Not sure so cant comment. If you can afford it why not. Personally, I would not bother.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 pm

I am reading about VIP service for 9100£ on this forum but i have personally experienced the one on Sopra website is for biometric and document collection service only at your required place. I think for this £9100 VIP u can apply with the help of Solicitor as it says up to 4 main applicants with 10 dependents can avail it which will split cost and can be affordable. But one will have to pay solicitor fee too. I have seen one thread in past where OP claimed he got VIP appointment by calling to UKVI which might not be possible now as Sopra is handling it.

Basel_AH
Jordan

Post by Basel_AH » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:23 am

Can someone please advise?

Can my wife not apply to ILR with me and apply later when I receive it? This is because her father is ill and she wants to be able to go visit him. She hopes that she can apply premium service after I receive my ILR.

Our Tier 1 visas expire in June 2019 but the worry is if my application will take longer than that, would she be able to apply alone if it does?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:40 am

Basel_AH wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:23 am

Can my wife not apply to ILR with me and apply later when I receive it? This is because her father is ill and she wants to be able to go visit him. She hopes that she can apply premium service after I receive my ILR.

Our Tier 1 visas expire in June 2019 but the worry is if my application will take longer than that, would she be able to apply alone if it does?

Your wife can apply for her ILR before her valid leave ends in June 2019 as a Tier 1 dependent. You can apply earlier alone if you want. If before she applies, your application is decided she will have an option to choose “super priority 24 hours” service.
If your application is not decided by then, she can join your existing application. I ran a dummy application and can confirm that the online form will ask about HO reference number of the partner (that will be you) she would be joining.
So even if your application is not decided by then she will simply quote the HO reference number.
But she has to apply before her valid leave ends otherwise she will be an overstayer.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:46 am

If your application is not decided by then, your wife will fill online application and provide all your deatails:
see attachment.
“kama gama” is a dummy name (which will be you in reality)
Attachments
F65D0CF0-0838-4ED2-8CAC-268CB43CD2DB.png
F65D0CF0-0838-4ED2-8CAC-268CB43CD2DB.png (387.08 KiB) Viewed 917 times

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:46 am

Basel_AH wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:23 am

Uve been so clearly advised :)

Can my wife not apply to ILR with me and apply later when I receive it?

Yes

This is because her father is ill and she wants to be able to go visit him. She hopes that she can apply premium service after I receive my ILR.

Yes.. 24hour priority service for an extra £600

Yes. Tier 11417 was kind enough to check it for you.
Hope it’s clear now..

Basel_AH
Jordan

Post by Basel_AH » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:02 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:46 am
If your application is not decided by then, your wife will fill online application and provide all your deatails:
see attachment.
Thank you so much! Found the form online and it clearly said that it's for dependents applying alone.

I just have another question, if it happens that my wife is outside the UK when I get my ILR, would her Tier 1 dependent visa become invalid? Or it would remain unchanged until it's expiry in June 2019?

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:37 am

Basel_AH wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:02 pm
tier11417 wrote:
see attachment.
Thank you so much! Found the form online and it clearly said that it's for dependents applying alone. Which form? You still have to apply via SET O then choose the category Tier 1 dependent

I just have another question, if it happens that my wife is outside the UK when I get my ILR, would her Tier 1 dependent visa become invalid? Or it would remain unchanged until it's expiry in June 2019? It has nothing to do with being outside UK. She can travel and apply before her expiry. She has to be inside UK when she applies. She can continue as Tier 1 dependent till then

Thank you!

Basel_AH
Jordan

Post by Basel_AH » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:54 am

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:37 am
Basel_AH wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
see attachment.
Thank you so much! Found the form online and it clearly said that it's for dependents applying alone. Which form? You still have to apply via SET O then choose the category Tier 1 dependent

I just have another question, if it happens that my wife is outside the UK when I get my ILR, would her Tier 1 dependent visa become invalid? Or it would remain unchanged until it's expiry in June 2019? It has nothing to do with being outside UK. She can travel and apply before her expiry. She has to be inside UK when she applies. She can continue as Tier 1 dependent till then

Thank you!
Thank for the clarification

It’s this form https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:55 am

Basel_AH wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:54 am
tier11417 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:37 am
Basel_AH wrote:
tier11417 wrote:
see attachment.

Thank you!
Thank for the clarification

It’s this form https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
This form is to extend as PBS partner not for ILR. SET O is for ILR

wait for Someone else can clarify on the correct form