ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beever

Re: Timeliness for stamping with Valid Approval letter

Post by beever » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:41 pm

looking at the way they do things now, submission on 4 june will probably not hear anything until 14th july at the earliest!

Maheshindiauk wrote:
  • Code: Select all

[quote][u][i][b
    Sub]
    Submitted application on 04-June for stamping with Approval letter. Now I need to travel back to India on 29-June because of sudden changes in the clients re structure. How many days normally it will take for stamping. Please inform me how to get it stamped ASAP[/b][/i][/u][/quote]
Last edited by beever on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:42 pm

Please add me to the April list

Type of application: WP to TIER 1
Application Sent: 24/04/2008
Payment taken: 28/04/2008
Urgent treatment fax : 29/05/2008

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:47 pm

CWs are really eating pizza. This week almost no progress.

ceediddy wrote:The HO is just killing me.........
I tried calling today but no chance...my trip is for 25th and am going with the family but all our passports are still locked in a vault with the caseworker eating a pizza but not working....i mean i applied on the 18th of april.... :cry:

This process used to take a day and we paid £500 for the same day service but now itz more expensive but yet more time....something is just wrong

hopefully tommorow....pray i dont take this out on Rob our postman

keep up the spirit chaps

Newly Registered

Post by 77 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:54 pm

hello everyone

Good news at last...i hv got my passports today finally with 3 yrs until apr 11. it was such a long wait but at least we got it. hope you guys will get it soon.

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:59 pm

77 wrote:hello everyone

Good news at last...i hv got my passports today finally with 3 yrs until apr 11. it was such a long wait but at least we got it. hope you guys will get it soon.
Well done mate!
Slow but SURE :D

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:00 pm

I am looking for old worn out car Tyre and a stick to beat it with for flushing out frustration... I had to fly on 15th June... I have given notice of vacating apartment to my landlord.. I am relocating to London with this trip back home..

Now delaying my trip by a week that means hell lot of coordination and adjustments in office, landlord etc.

I hope HO returns document back latest next mid week... After which I will be buying tickets at last moment which will be very expensive...

It is simply mental torture.

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:01 pm

Found this on one of the other sites (http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... opic=71499)

Thought to share with you all...

(Dear All,

I just wanted to share my news- I got my Tier 1 application approved today!! ( well, it is stamped 29 May but arrived in the post today!).

Here are some timelines if that's any help:

Submitted on 25 Apr 2008
Reference number and acknowledgement of receipt- 29 Apr 2008
Rang HO for update- 30 May ( they said to allow 10 weeks and are looking at applications made on 28 Apr 2008)
Received passport and all supporting evidence used for the application 04 June 2008.

I wasn't able to supply the HO with EVERY document they requested but addressed it in the cover letter ( as suggested by them). If anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer ( as best I can).

GOod luck to ALL!

Nooby
)

beever

Post by beever » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:23 pm

that's brilliant news!
77 wrote:hello everyone

micabyte
Newly Registered

Post by micabyte » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Guys,

As I plan to go back to my country in the mid of next year,
I just wonder how long the maximum period to stay out of the UK and come back without problems in Tier 1 visa. Any suggesting would be very appreciative.
Thank you in advance.

Wish you all waiting got the approval soon.

Best wishes. :wink:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Tier 1 is a multiple entry visa, so you can travel in and out of UK as many times as you want and for as many days as you want. All you need to do is return to UK before your Tier 1 expires.

The issue is different if you have ILR in mind. I think one must not have spent more than 180 days outside UK in the entire 5 year qualifying period and not more than 90 days (max.) at a time, if one wants to qualify for ILR - unless such absences are work related and can be confirmed by written proof from the employer.

Please do check the BIA website for more accurate information regarding ILR and acceptable time-limits on periods spent outside UK.

regards
micabyte wrote:Hi Guys,

I just wonder how long the maximum period to stay out of the UK and come back without problems in Tier 1 visa. Any suggesting would be very appreciative.
Thank you in advance.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:29 pm

hi 77 congratulations. Can u post ur timeline and details about ur app

kmore97

Queue is not moving

Post by kmore97 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Looks like queue is not moving at all. No approval after 24th Apr applications. Even many applications before 24th are not cleared.

The caseworkers are not putting their extra bit after HO changed the service standard to 10 weeks.

sansui
Newly Registered

Post by sansui » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi chakde23
my qualification,earnings,experience everything is from UK and i have sent uk bank statement for maintence fund.But i m not sure whether they need to verify all those things as i already have valid HSMP approved letter.
thanks

chakde23 wrote:Hi Sansui,
Its really sad that you are still struggling since there are many more who have actually received documents after you have submitted.

I understand you were holding hsmp approved letter .....do you have all earnings in UK gbp or part earnings in your home country as well ( like indian allowances , etc ) ? Is it possible they are taking this long time for any verifications in your case ?

sansui wrote:hi guys ,that's what i was told four weeks ago and following week i was told my application has come back to caseworker from manager.after that i have not rang them as u know we are getting differnt answers from them. anyway it's 9th week running so i will ring them next week and i am sure i will get the same answer "still under consideration"
it's killing me.
Thanks
Sansui

Guys , some update ( rather no update ) ... spoke to a lovely lady this morning at call centre .... and got new stories ....i told her I emailed my sectionAA1 this monday & caseworker has acknowledged receipt & i wanted to understand further course....and she goes.... after case worker received that page it will go his manager for decision and followed by manager's manager for final decision !!! what an answer !!! should we buy this story ??? not sure !!!

Hussain, I dont think i would get my documents this week for sure if I am to believe this morning's discussion with our friendly call centre advisors :?

hussainkothari wrote:Congrats kanaparthyprasad! BTW, What was your prev visa status?

Last two approvals that we have are new additions to the list. We need to have approvals for Anilhemnani, jessica_halida, Beever, coldepps, Chakde, headley this week.
[/quote]

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:50 pm

right kmore. things have gone really slow in past few days. i hope we start hearing some good news from tom. we still have 2 days in this week or approvals to come thru. i have noticed that sat has been quite a popular day for decisions

tcr008
Newly Registered

Post by tcr008 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:30 am

Hi all,

I sent my application last week via registered post:

Posted: 29th of May to PO Box
Recorded as delivered: 30th May (signed)
Payment taken: ???
Reference number recieved : ???

Any one else send anything in this period of time but not heard anything back? Bit anxious that it's been a week and I've not yet received a reference number. Hoping that the cheque didn't bounce

A.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:45 am

It will take 5 working days for the cheque to clear (provided everything is in order) and they will post you the reference number only after your payment is cleared, so relax for a couple of days more.

If in a hurry, check with your bank if your cheque has been presented for clearance. That will confirm that the ball is rolling.

regards
tcr008 wrote:Hi all,

I sent my application last week via registered post:

Posted: 29th of May to PO Box
Recorded as delivered: 30th May (signed)
Payment taken: ???
Reference number recieved : ???

Any one else send anything in this period of time but not heard anything back? Bit anxious that it's been a week and I've not yet received a reference number. Hoping that the cheque didn't bounce

A.

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Applying from india

Post by tieronevisa » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:50 am

Hi All,

I am in uk as a work permit Dependant.

I gained enuf points to apply for tier1. Being a Dependant, i need to go back to India to apply.

Is it compulsory to have a job in india, as i will b traveling to India to apply for tier1 only.
Is it fine if i only show my 5 mnths sal slip as i am claiming points for that period only?

Thanks.

micabyte
Newly Registered

Post by micabyte » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:08 am

Thank you sushdametha for your kindness.
I appreciate your advice. :D
sushdmehta wrote:Tier 1 is a multiple entry visa, so you can travel in and out of UK as many times as you want and for as many days as you want. All you need to do is return to UK before your Tier 1 expires.

The issue is different if you have ILR in mind. I think one must not have spent more than 180 days outside UK in the entire 5 year qualifying period and not more than 90 days (max.) at a time, if one wants to qualify for ILR - unless such absences are work related and can be confirmed by written proof from the employer.

Please do check the BIA website for more accurate information regarding ILR and acceptable time-limits on periods spent outside UK.

regards
micabyte wrote:Hi Guys,

Thank you in advance.

upmanyu0110
Newly Registered

Re: Applying from india

Post by upmanyu0110 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:12 am

A bit similar query, I am a permanent resident in Abu Dhabi, UAE and a citizen of India. In this case where should I apply from... India or UAE. So far my research says it would not impact point calculations, please let me know if it is otherwise.

Secondly, I have not been able to get the information on the dates when application will shift to tier 1 in regions other than India ( In case i apply from UAE).

Regards,
upmanyu.

tieronevisa wrote:Hi All,

I gained enuf points to apply for tier1. Being a Dependant, i need to go back to India to apply.

Is it compulsory to have a job in india, as i will b traveling to India to apply for tier1 only.
Is it fine if i only show my 5 mnths sal slip as i am claiming points for that period only?

Thanks.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:17 am

Hello people. Kindly do update as soon as somebody receives any approvals. I reckon today and tom we should see quite a few decisions coming

kmore97

Re: Applying from india

Post by kmore97 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:21 am

It doesn't matter where you apply from - you can apply from UAE or India. If u apply from India, then use tier 1 guidance, if u apply from UAE then HSMP guidance.
In terms of requirement of Tier 1 and HSMP, there is no difference if you are not claiming points for MBA degree for one of those listed institutes.

upmanyu0110 wrote:A bit similar query, I am a permanent resident in Abu Dhabi, UAE and a citizen of India. In this case where should I apply from... India or UAE. So far my research says it would not impact point calculations, please let me know if it is otherwise.

Secondly, I have not been able to get the information on the dates when application will shift to tier 1 in regions other than India ( In case i apply from UAE).

Regards,
upmanyu.

tieronevisa wrote:Hi All,

Thanks.

Dinesh_2008
Newly Registered

Post by Dinesh_2008 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 am

ANY UPDATES? Hope we will receive passports today.

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:27 am

Dinesh_2008 wrote:ANY UPDATES? Hope we will receive passports today.
Dinesh,
Did u add ur application details in th list?...
it seems after April15th applicants...processing time has slowed down drastically...mine 28 days is over but i feel it might take another 2 weeks to hear something from HO..

Dinesh_2008
Newly Registered

Post by Dinesh_2008 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:32 am

Type of application : WP to TIER 1
Application Sent : 29/4/2008
Payment taken : 01/5/2008
Ref no dated : 30/4/2008
Ref number : PB304**
Stamped on :
Recevied on :
Days taken :

lolo
Newly Registered

Post by lolo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:42 am

Details are...
Posted: 7/4
Received: 8/4
Payment deducted: 9/4
Reference letter received: 10/4
Decision: 17/05 Approved!

Goodluck everyone and thanks for all the help on here!