ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent extension - Main applicant now British Citizen

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poms123
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent extension - Main applicant now British Citizen

Post by poms123 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:43 am

Hello,
I am applying for extension of my spouse visa
- PBS dependent of tier 2
- currently expiring 6th Feb 2019
- extension of 1 year tenure only
- eligible for ILR in Dec 2019

I have now moved on to get my british citizenship in 2016.

My questions
1. Which visa type should i apply for - via the family in the UK link or work in the uk link on gov.uk.
2. And when i go to pay for IHS, it says i have to pay either 1000. When i look at the new fees, its £400 per year. Kindly advise how do i get to pay for only 1 year.

Regards,
Poms..

vinny

Re: PBS Dependent extension - Main applicant now British Citizen

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:39 am

1. Family member.
2. Leave should be for three years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

poms123
Newly Registered

Post by poms123 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello Vinny,

Even when i leave it 3 Years while calculating IHS, its coming to £1000 charge. But the IHS fees per person per year is 400 and since i was applying for 1 year extension only, i need guidance how to pay IHS only for 1 year.

Please advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 pm

poms123 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 pm
Hello Vinny,

Even when i leave it 3 Years while calculating IHS, its coming to £1000 charge. But the IHS fees per person per year is 400 and since i was applying for 1 year extension only, i need guidance how to pay IHS only for 1 year.

Please advice.
What are you putting in as your 'visa' expiry date?? If you are using your ILR BRP card date, then it is wrong.

IHS is CURRENTLY £200 per person applying per year.

You CANNOT only apply and pay for 1 year. The immigration rules state a PBS extension will be for 3 years and IHS for 3 years must be paid, as the LINKS that vinny has provided clearly state. You can't choose a lesser time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spartanking_007
Mood:
India

Post by spartanking_007 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 pm

Hello Poms,

I am also exactly in your situation and faced the same issue and have managed to find a solution for this issue.

As forum moderators suggested PBS Dependent Partner Extension is granted for 3 years only for which you have pay £600 (£200 per year) IHS charge.

However as you encountered issue that it is asking you to pay £1000, which is incorrect.

The turnaround is complete application process online and when you reach Payment for IHS charge, I would suggest you should use the gov portal to directly register the IHS payment website and initially select the option as “Applying alone” and only enter the dependent details and when you reach a point to provide your details, you can see a message that details not required for Main applicant if they are on ILR or British Citizen and if u proceed it will show you correct charge and you can make payment to get reference number , which you can use it in the application portal to proceed further.

If the pay now screen you have reached in application portal after you entered the details for IHS charge is appearing with out option to make any changes.

Close the browser and clear all the cache and cookies or try different browser, it should work.

I have called the UKVI helpline, for the first time, they have provided some useful information which worked.

Hope it works for you

All the best.

poms123
Newly Registered

Post by poms123 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:34 pm

thanks spartanking_007. Superb explanation.