ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence required for SET(LR) long residence 10 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiwijane123
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Evidence required for SET(LR) long residence 10 years route

Post by kiwijane123 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Hello all. I'm new to these boards so thank you all for your advice in advance.

I'm looking to apply for ILR via the long residence route soon. Does anyone have a list of the evidence that I'll need to submit along with my application?

There's lots of guidance online about other ILR routes but not so much for the long residence one, and I'm aware that the list varies slightly from route to route.

In particular, if you have personal experience with what is and is not acceptable as evidence, I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you,

Jane

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Evidence required for SET(LR) long residence 10 years route

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Minimal documents required for 10 year long residence ILR. The online form process will tell you what is required. See link below for the set LR guidance noted and paper form (archived).

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... form-setlr
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiwijane123
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by kiwijane123 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi CR001, many thanks for the link.

Can I please check - the reason these documents have been archived is because the paper application form is no longer accepted, is that correct? Do you know if there is a guidance document to support the new online-only application? I've struggled to find one.

Thanks,

Amy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:42 pm

The rules have not changed and neither have the requirements. The only thing that has changed is all apps are online now.

The SET LR guidance notes in the link would still be relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:40 pm

As you fill the form it will ask you to provide evidence of your specific circumstances. I’m also applying soon. If you are married then it ask for Marriage cert and Corresspondance for last two years. If you have children it will also ask for Birth Certificates etc. I found online form simpler.

kiwijane123
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by kiwijane123 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 am

Jazz2007 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:40 pm
As you fill the form it will ask you to provide evidence of your specific circumstances. I’m also applying soon. If you are married then it ask for Marriage cert and Correspondance for last two years. If you have children it will also ask for Birth Certificates etc. I found online form simpler.
Thanks very much Jazz27. Hope your application goes well :)

I have done a dummy application online now and can see the list of documents required. I was surprised by how simple the list is; no letter required from employer or proof of absences from UK etc.

Older guidance definitely required a letter from the employer for SET(LR) but I guess there have been changes recently! Are you inclined to include additional documents that are not requested based on previous advice e.g. on these threads, or are you planning to just supply what has been asked for?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:20 am

kiwijane123 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 am
Jazz2007 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:40 pm
As you fill the form it will ask you to provide evidence of your specific circumstances. I’m also applying soon. If you are married then it ask for Marriage cert and Correspondance for last two years. If you have children it will also ask for Birth Certificates etc. I found online form simpler.
Thanks very much Jazz27. Hope your application goes well :)

I have done a dummy application online now and can see the list of documents required. I was surprised by how simple the list is; no letter required from employer or proof of absences from UK etc.

Older guidance definitely required a letter from the employer for SET(LR) but I guess there have been changes recently! Are you inclined to include additional documents that are not requested based on previous advice e.g. on these threads, or are you planning to just supply what has been asked for?
No it did not and never has and there have been NO changes so not sure of your reference. SET LR has the least amount of docs required across all ILR categories.

Supplying additional non required documents will likely be ignored.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:02 pm

+1

In my opinion send what is asked for and then if HO require further docs they will contact.