ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lapsed ILR with Entry Clearance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

unsure123
Newly Registered

Lapsed ILR with Entry Clearance

Post by unsure123 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:45 am

Hello

I would like to seek advice and opinion please. Thank you in advance.

I lived in the UK for 13 years of my life with ILR, basically all the years of my life since my undergrads.

I was away for 4.5 year and had a lapsed period of more than 2 years on one occasion.

On this occasion,I have ILR and entered to UK with Entry Clearance (the triangle stamp without time limitation and endorsed with VIPP -> highly likely to refer to my ILR in my previous expired passport as I dont have any other type of UK visas after the ILR)

During this entry, I got questioned heavily and told the officer, I wish to setup my life in the UK again as I start to lose hope with my birth country. I then got detained for 20-minutes while my passport surrendered to the officer, and a made a call to my long term landlord who became my friend (designated medium to long term home place for this entry).

Since entry I have been working almost everyday ( I have no problem finding jobs) and paid my tax as self employed for the last 9 months.

During the 9 months in the UK, my Mrs entered into UK with marriage visa for marriage.

She also successfully applied for BRP as a spouse visa / dependent with right to work (although was issued with wrong name - reported and currently investigated) in the UK as we fulfilled the criteria.

In her BRP Spouse Visa application, it is clearly stated a check will be done on my immigration status.

I now wish to apply for NTL with a BRP card as a FTSE company require it before I can work for them. This company was my previous long term employer.

I have concern, my ILR will be cancelled or even cancelled unknowingly and both of us will have to move out of the country.

Should I apply for NTL, or carry on as self employed as it doesnt matter much to me.

I have read some case studies in this forum with some knowledge but still unsure.

Did I actually enter into UK with Entry Clearance on ILR by the Immigration Officer who has the power to allow me to retain my ILR under Para 19?

I believed I am very blessed to have entered and gone this far.

Thank you again

vinny

Re: Lapsed ILR with Entry Clearance

Post by vinny » Thu May 04, 2017 4:13 am

I agree. If your ILR had been cancelled, then they wouldn't have granted your wife leave to enter/remain under Appendix FM, etc.

Hopefully, you should be okay, as the Immigration Officer knew your Immigration circumstances/history at the time of admission.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

unsure123
Newly Registered

Post by unsure123 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:51 pm

Hello.
I have done some additional work.
Looks like I did not leave the country longer than 2 years.
I was challenged by the Immigration Officer, a further investigation was done, and I was allowed to come in.

Unfortunately big companies do not accept ILR sticker-ed on expired passport.
The next thing is to apply NTL. I hope I am not walking into the lion's den / mouth to get a a contracted job.

Thank you

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:10 pm

unsure123 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 11:51 pm
Hello.
I was challenged by the Immigration Officer, a further investigation was done, and I was allowed to come in.

The next thing is to apply NTL. I hope I am not walking into the lion's den / mouth to get a a contracted job.

Thank you
Unsure123, have you apply the BRP card? I am also on the same boat like you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:27 pm

Stellacat wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:10 pm
unsure123 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 11:51 pm
Hello.

Thank you
Unsure123, have you apply the BRP card? I am also on the same boat like you.
Kindly refrain for digging up old topics and tagging on. The user has not logged in for almost 2 years.

Please start your own topic with your circumstances and questions rather than tagging onto every topic you find.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.