ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Reqt FLR(M)-NARIC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

English Reqt FLR(M)-NARIC

Post by Zeppi01 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:11 am

Dear All,

My wife obtained Entry Clearance in 2016. English requirement was met by NARIC statement of comparability that deemed wife's US degree is UK degree equivalent (as in US, it was taught in English). We obtained the NARIC certificate before NARIC red / blue route introduction. I understand that now the NARIC certificate now has new security features.

Questions

1 - Will original NARIC certificate (Statement of Comparability) be accepted for FLR application? Given that it was already accepted in previous application even though the design has now changed.

2 - If it will not be accepted, could I reorder a new certificate from NARIC (£14.40) and use this, assuming that it will contain new security features and be identical to the red route certificate?

Many thanks for your time.

Kind Regards

Zeppi

PS I have spent several days looking at guidance etc but now am going round in circles.

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

Re: English Reqt FLR(M)-NARIC

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:47 am

Just to clarify, the SOC was accepted for EC in 2016, now we need one for FLR. NARIC have changed their designs / processes. Question is, can I reprint old one (ask NARIC to send a new certificate). Or do I now have to go through the Red Route. The degree was taught in US so my understanding is that it is already deemed, by HO as taught in English.

I have asked NARIC if a reprinted old one is acceptable (for the new FLR application) and they state that it is up to me / which service do you require.

Phb5
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Phb5 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 pm

NARIC statement of comparability is acceptable, so long it was accepted for the previous application. I know of few people who had the same concern as yours. What they did was they included an official letter from their institutions stating the course was taught in English and included their full transcript, that was all. Everything went ok for them and their NARIC statement was between 2009-2012. All the best.

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

Post by Zeppi01 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:17 am

Many thanks for your reply. That was the conclusion that I reached initially after reading the rules. I.e. original statement would be acceptable if accepted in a previous successful application.

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Just a follow up.

For FLR(M), I submitted

I) NARIC Certificate obtained during entry clearance (in 2016)
II) USA Degree Certificate
III) USA Transcripts
IV) Wrote paragraph in coverletter that this was previously accepted in Entry Clearance

FLR(M) accepted

NOTE: USA is one country listed in FM-SE, and English Language Appendix, where it is deemed that degree was taught in English.

This was my experience anyway, please do your own research

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:16 pm

(NARIC Certificate = NARIC Statement of Comparability i.e. equivalent or exceed UK degree)