ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 Years Route ILR Employee Hours Confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vasann

Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 Years Route ILR Employee Hours Confusion

Post by vasann » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi ,
Happy New Year All

I am asking this question for my friend.

My friend got Tier 1 Ent Extension on July 2017 and his going for ILR in 2019 July.

Q. Is it 120 hours/ month or 130hrs/month? As the guidelines say 30hr/week but in application form it says 120hrs/ month?
Plz see the below snapshot frm application form. July 2018.
PHOTO-2019-01-03-14-38-59.jpg
PHOTO-2019-01-03-14-38-59.jpg (220.97 KiB) Viewed 694 times
please kindly suggest and thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 Years Route ILR Employee Hours Confusion

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:08 pm

It is 30 hours/week for 52 weeks. So technically it should be a minimum of 120 hours a month. But if you run a monthly payroll its safest to have 130hours per month so you can have 1560 hours in 12 months.
I know the new online form acknowledges 120 hours as to be fulltime so anything 120 hours or over should be fine.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:12 pm

30 hours per week is acceptable but Companies usually run payroll on monthly basis which means there can be different hours worked per month depending on length of month etc. To keep everything straightforward for u and for CW, one should go for 130hrs/month which definitely are acceptable.

vasann

Post by vasann » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Thanks all for the replies.

But my friend question is still the same as for few months his employees worked for only 120 hours per month.

When he submits his application would it be ok.

Experts and Gurus request your advice on this.

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 pm

vasann wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:38 pm
Thanks all for the replies.

But my friend question is still the same as for few months his employees worked for only 120 hours per month.

When he submits his application would it be ok.

Experts and Gurus request your advice on this.

Thanks in advance.
The rule says its 30 hours/week so technincally 120 hours a month should be fine as some months are longer than others. I personally have 8 months having 120 hours and I have submitted my application just now. I did the same at extension stage and was approved.
The online form clearly says 120 hours and the guidance says 30 hours a week so I assume it should be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:58 pm

I had done some research and found this reply from the economic migration policy home office on a similar matter as mine and yours so would like to share:

“52 weeks per year at 30 hours per week for 2 jobs is a total of 3120 hours of work that must be created. The rules require applicants to demonstrate that the minimum of 30 hours per week threshold is met irrespective of whether an employee is paid monthly or weekly.

Whilst 30 hours a week will always come to a minimum of 120 hours a month some months are longer and as such in these months applicants will need to generate more hours of work per month to meet the minimum job creation threshold”

Note: I have not received my decision yet.

vasann

Post by vasann » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 am

Hi Tier11417 thanks a lot for your reply.

My friend would like to ask you few questions and hope you dont mind.

Did you hear anything from Home office?
Also you have mentioned during your extension you had similar situation of 120 hours/ month. My friend question is how many months it was 120 hours and how many employees you have shown during Extension.

If you had Succeded during extension it shud be the same for ILR as well.

Kindly answer my friend query so that it is useful to every one in the same situation.
Wish you best of luck for your Application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:58 pm

vasann wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 am
Hi Tier11417 thanks a lot for your reply.

My friend would like to ask you few questions and hope you dont mind.

Did you hear anything from Home office?
Also you have mentioned during your extension you had similar situation of 120 hours/ month. My friend question is how many months it was 120 hours and how many employees you have shown during Extension.

If you had Succeded during extension it shud be the same for ILR as well.

Kindly answer my friend query so that it is useful to every one in the same situation.
Wish you best of luck for your Application.
I am still awaiting my decision for ILR. However, I have done the same at extension stage.
I would like to clarify that my employees worked 30 hours a week but my payslips are made for 120 hours a month for 8 months and 150 hours per month for 4 months because:

Here is why:

Jan 2018: 1st Jan till 26th Jan ( paid for 4 weeks till last Friday of the month) so 120 hours
Feb 2018: 26th Jan till 23rd Feb (paid for 4 weeks till last Friday of the month) so 120 hours
March: 23rd Feb till 30th March (paid for 5 weeks till last Friday of the month) so 150 hours
and so on...

Basically that is the logic what my accountant seems to follow although my payslips and RTI only mention Jan 2018, Feb 2018 and does not mention the particular period and so on...

Note: I have also provided the weekly breakdown of the weeks clarifying that my employees have worked 30 hours/week. At extension I used two employees. For ILR, I have used 3 employees.

Having said that, its safest to have 130 hours/month for simplicity but if you have a situation like mine you possibly can use the same logic as above.

Hope that answers your question.