ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Yet another Tier 1 maintenance query...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcr008
Newly Registered

Yet another Tier 1 maintenance query...

Post by tcr008 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:57 am

Hi all

Firstly I want to thank all the members on this board for the information they've provided, information that I've gleamed whilst going through the HSMP process which then changed to the Tier 1 process while I was in the middle of it (!).

Anyhow, I have sent off my Tier 1 application but upon browsing these boards again have noticed a bit of discussion about the source of maintenance funds.

Basically to prove my maintenance requirement I transferred £1,000 from my HSBC Personal Bank account to my HSBC Flexible Saver account and got a statement of the Flexible Saver account showing that the £1,000 had only been transferred recently (i.e. on the day!)

I am keeping this in line with the transitional requirements, but am concerned that a.) the caseworker will have an issue with it and b.) that the Flexible Saver statement doesn't show any withdrawals.

Have any unlucky souls out there had their application rejected because of such matters? Or am I destined to be the first?

I'd really hate to see that £750 go down the drain, and I suppose I'll find out soon enough, but I can't sleep unless I hear something from some one!

Best wishes

A.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:18 am

I dont think that you should have any problem in getting the approval. The guidance clearly says that :

"Up to 29 June 2008, you do not have to show you have had the funds for at least three months before your application. You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply. The types of documents you need to send to support your application are detailed below. Until 29 June 2008, they do not need to cover the three-month period, but they must be dated no more than a month before your application."

& you have followed it to the T, literally :D

On the second point, although the guidance notes on the BIA website say:

"the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account.
"
you can draw solace from that fact that the guidance note for those applying from India says:

"The receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account, where appropriate." - This seems logical too !!

I know you have applied from UK, but I am assuming that HO wouldnot have made a special concession for those applying from India. The info available on the BIA website seem to erronuously miss out "where appropriate"

But as they say, if the case worker had a good time the night before, one might hope to get a positive response . Keep your fingers crossed.

regards,

push_hsmp

tcr008
Newly Registered

Post by tcr008 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:23 am

Hi push_hsmp

Thanks for your quick response, maybe I will get some sleep in between now and when I hear from the HO!

I'm sure it's more than likely just me being psychosomatic (if that applies in this case!) so I'll let everyone know how I go...

Here's hoping that the case worker is a jolly mood when s/he opens my envelope!

Best wishes

A.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:25 am

:D

All the best and keep us posted.

regards,

push_hsmp