ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting birth certificates translated for FLR(M) or not ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahulsood
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Getting birth certificates translated for FLR(M) or not ?

Post by rahulsood » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:19 am

I am filling the application for my wife's FLR(M)/Family route extension.

For reasons beyond my sanity, the online application is asking for Birth Certificates of me and my wife as our daughter is not applying for the visa along with my wife. The reason my daughter is not applying for visa is that she is a British citizen already!

Anyway, the problem is that both of our birth certificates are not in English.

Can someone suggest if we can still submit them or do we need to get them (certified) translated ?

If we need to get them (certified) translated, what is the best and quickest way to get them translated please ?

Thanks in advance!

Lallen
United Kingdom

Re: Getting birth certificates translated for FLR(M) or not ?

Post by Lallen » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 am

I’m in the same predicament, I ended up ringing the GOV.UK helpline and the telephone operator told me that they were required nevertheless.

As my wife’s birth certificate is in Russian and the document is 25 years old, we didn’t want to take the risk so we have sent it to Russia to be apostilled, translated and notarised.

I remember my wife’s first visa to enter the UK, any document in Russian my wife personally translated the documents but that was because she was applying from outside the UK, I’m not sure if the rules are different when applying witching the UK.

I’m sure some of the experts on here will know the answers..

rahulsood
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rahulsood » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 am

Thanks Lallen for confirming. I have asked for them to be notarised in India. Let's hope it is sufficient.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:52 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.