ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA spouse applying for indefinite leave to remain

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Non-EEA spouse applying for indefinite leave to remain

Post by NikiGio » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Shlumaan wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 pm
I think in with you and Kamoe as far as understanding this grey area of the situation. However I don't see why I'd need a lawyer now if my wife has PR plus is holding off her citizenship application until certainty is there. My position is pretty straight forward I thought to apply now or in January for a PR as a family member of an EU national who has already obtained a PR. What are your thoughts on that?
Yes - that sounds like the best plan.

If in the end your wife, like lots of German citizens in the same situation, can't get UK citizenship - like you say her EU citizenship + PR gives you guarantees.

👍
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

Shlumaan

Post by Shlumaan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:58 pm

hi again, hope you guys had a lovely winter celebrations.

I'm now back in the UK and my temporary residency card (under EU) expires today so i must apply for PR. As previously mentioned my wife is a German national who already attained her British PR in the past year. As I'm about to make an application by myself and would like to get it right could you please confirm:
1. that I can still apply for a PR under the EU law.
2. that the correct form is this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf
3. if my process is more straight forward by virtue of my wife's PR card.
4. and lastly, at which section in the form would I be asked to fill in my wife's PR card's number?

Many thanks!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:33 pm

Shlumaan wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:58 pm
1. that I can still apply for a PR under the EU law.
Yes.
Shlumaan wrote:
3. if my process is more straight forward by virtue of my wife's PR card.
Partially. That proves the status of your EEA citizen sponsor. However, you still need to prove your presence in the UK , etc on your own.
Shlumaan wrote:
4. and lastly, at which section in the form would I be asked to fill in my wife's PR card's number?
Possibly 2.14?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Shlumaan

Post by Shlumaan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:44 am

Thank you for your reply.

As I'm working on my application in wondering if there's an urgency in adding my three children into the same application. They have a German passport only because it was convenient at the time to issue. They are due to travel abroad with their mum in mid February so the timing for sending their passports isn't great. Could we apply for their British passports or PR at a later stage and not at a much greater cost? Or am I missing an opportunity here to apply at the same time? thanks