ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Online Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mecheng46
Newly Registered

EEA PR Online Application

Post by mecheng46 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:38 pm

I am filling the online PR application and i have couple of questions.

Some background:
Born in EU and I hold an EU Passport
Moved in UK for my uni studies on Sep 2009 and i graduated on Sep 2013 (Lived in student accommodation places)
Oct 2013 - Today full time employment in UK
2014 got my own house and permanent address

I want to apply for PR to then apply for British Citizenship. For my Citizenship i will use January 2013 to January 2018 (Naturalisation). It's a shame that I started working 9 months after my start date as I am not sure if being a student will cause any problems etc. I have P45's and payslips from Oct 2013 till today.

On the online application

Under the Residence in the UK:
Date you first entered the UK?
Is this the first day i entered in the UK, Sept 2009 OR the first day i am planning using on my Naturalisation process as the first day of my 5 years residence? Also, if it's the first day i first entered UK, i don't have the exact day (it was Sept 2009), will this be a problem?

Did you work for an employer in the UK?
I have been working for the same company since Oct 2013 (the company changed hands and names couple of times). Is this section for me to put my employer's details although I am still with them?

Evidence that you have comprehensive sickness insurance
Where do i get this? I think my company covers me somehow for sickness, is this the way to provide evidence?

Evidence that you are studying or doing vocational training - or evidence of both, if they have been studying and doing vocational training
I am guessing the evidence will be my University degree cert?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EEA PR Online Application

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:10 pm

For my Citizenship i will use January 2013 to January 2018
For naturalisation the periods you have to document are working back from the date of the AN application. What you describe is for PR where you can chose periods. Don't confuse the two (different bases in law EU versus UK). You don't need to be employed for naturalisation.

As a a worker you don't need CSI
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rooibos
Member of Standing
European Union

Post by rooibos » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:02 am

A beta trial of the EU settled status scheme will open later on this month. Why not wait for it, rather than a lengthy PR application?

mecheng46
Newly Registered

Post by mecheng46 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

I have been advised on a different thread on this forum not to wait for the EU Settle Status scheme for some reason.

''do not use the new EU settlement scheme that they will launch soon and instead apply for existing Permanent Residence document using any 5 years between September 2009 and January 2018 to prove your residence.''

Any help with the questions i have filling the PR application please?

mecheng46
Newly Registered

Post by mecheng46 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:02 am

Anybody who can help or guide me to right direction?

mecheng46
Newly Registered

Post by mecheng46 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:11 am

I am back on my PR application, the aim is to get the British citizenship through naturalisation.

Just for info the Basis of my application is:
I have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years as an EEA national qualified person, meaning as a worker, jobseeker, student or a self-sufficient person..... In my case it is ''I have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years as an EEA national qualified person, meaning as a worker and student.

Do I fill the form based on the 6 years I would like my future AN application or do i separate the two (AN and PR) and focus on the PR and only? I am a bit confused.

On my PR application I am filling online there is no option to choose the 5 year period, the only date i need to put on the application is ''Date you first entered the UK'' which I am guessing is not the date i want the 5 period to start but the Date i First entered UK (2009).

At the end of my application i need to supply some documents.
Evidence that Mr X is self-sufficient, such as bank statements, a building society pass book, or evidence of receipt of pension. What does make me self sufficient?

Evidence that Mr X has comprehensive sickness insurance, such as a European Health Insurance Card not issued by the UK, form S1, S2 or S3, or evidence of comprehensive private medical insurance
As per your comments i need 5 years of living in the UK plus 1 year for PR, as of today I have been employed full time for 5years and 8months thus I will have to use time before my employment where I was a student at university. I am assuming that I need CIS for the time i was student, where do i get evidence for CIS whilst being a student? At somepoint when i was a student i have been given a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued by an EEA member state other than the UK (formerly form E111). I am not sure if I can locate this card but if I cannot what are my options?