ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work travel outside UK while Tier 2 extension processing

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

research2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Work travel outside UK while Tier 2 extension processing

Post by research2018 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi,

My current Tier 2 expires at the end of Jan 2019. I submitted my extension application (standard service) on Nov 7 and did the fingerprints/passport scan at the Sopra "premium lounge" in London on Dec 4. I am using the new service so I still have my passport and BRP.

I will be traveling to the US for work on Dec 24 but am afraid my extension will not have been approved by then. I will return to the UK before my current visa expires.

I have a few questions:

1. Is there some way to inform the home office about this work travel and ask that they process the application before I leave?

2. Is there any way to switch to the "priority service" which is supposed to take 10 days?

3. Will my application definitely be withdrawn as soon as I leave the UK and force me to resubmit the extension application when I return?

Calling the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre has been essentially useless in answering these questions.

If anyone has any advice on this situation that would be great.

Thanks so much for any information you have!

Jerome

dhparikh07
Newly Registered
India

Re: Work travel outside UK while Tier 2 extension processing

Post by dhparikh07 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi Jerome,

I am also in the same boat as yourself. I have applied for Tier 2 extension last week and I need to travel for business outside UK. I will also arrive before my current leave expires.

Did you manage to travel and get any notification from UKVI on whether you could travel or not.

Any other board members if can help with this situation.

Many thanks,
DP

mi_kon
United Kingdom

Post by mi_kon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Any help? I'm in the same situation.

mi_kon
United Kingdom

Post by mi_kon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:31 pm

I cannot believe such an obvious question does not have a clear resolution. What is the point of new service not taking your documents if you cannot use them to travel while waiting for the decision?

Adeel7538
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adeel7538 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:36 am

Will you guys share your experience about this situation and what did you and what was the outcome? I am in same situation
Many thanks