ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries when applying as Entrepreneur Partners

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shivani2422
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Queries when applying as Entrepreneur Partners

Post by shivani2422 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Hi All,
Need your help regarding the TIER1 Entrepreneur application for UK.
We are two entrepreneur partners who have arranged for £200k funds and is planning to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
1. Do the funds need to be in a joint Bank account between myself and my entrepreneur partner?
2. Do we need to mandatory hold the funds for 90 consecutive calendar days OR will it suffice if we provide supporting for source of funds and apply earlier ?
3. What does investment of funds in the Business means ?
4. What does equal access to funds means?
5. Do the maintenance funds needs to be in individual accounts or is it again a requirement in a shared account?
It would be very helpful if anyone can guide and suggest.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries when applying as Entrepreneur Partners

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:18 pm

What did you previously apply for??

eea-route-applications/priority-visa-st ... l#p1567985
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shivani2422
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shivani2422 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:04 pm

This is the first time , I am applying for TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA and is very confused about the correct way and process for it .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:18 pm
What did you previously apply for??

eea-route-applications/priority-visa-st ... l#p1567985
Please do click on the link I posted of your previous post about some application you made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shivani2422
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shivani2422 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:33 pm

That query was for last year when , I applied for Priority Tourist VISA .
Luckily, I got that in time and that was then and there sorted.

My query is now for a different scenario where , I am planning to apply for TIER 1 UK Entrepreneur VISA with my Entrepreneur partner .

So would like the help in that .

Looking forward for the answers and help.

np_7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by np_7777 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 pm

shivani2422 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:20 pm
Hi All,
We are two entrepreneur partners who have arranged for £200k funds and is planning to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
1. Do the funds need to be in a joint Bank account between myself and my entrepreneur partner?

--- Joint Bank account is the most unambiguous way of getting the required points. And it needs to be a Current account (Savings Account, Mutual Funds etc. is not ok)

2. Do we need to mandatory hold the funds for 90 consecutive calendar days OR will it suffice if we provide supporting for source of funds and apply earlier ?

--- 90 days is clearly mentioned in the guidance. I have not seen cases where people have been able to bypass that.

--- You need to fund the business with your funds. It can also be a Director's loan

--- Joint Bank account means equal access.

5. Do the maintenance funds needs to be in individual accounts or is it again a requirement in a shared account?

--- I believe this is ok in individual account

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm

shivani2422 wrote:
Hi All,
The immigration rules do not require you to have a joint bank account. However, it requires you to have equal control. So a joint account is he easiest way of meeting that requirement.
shivani2422 wrote:
Yes, if you are relying on your own funds. It is not needed for third party funding.
shivani2422 wrote:
Exactly what it says - investment of money into your business
shivani2422 wrote:
Again, the language is straightforward. A joint account is possibly the best way of meeting that.
shivani2422 wrote:
Individual is fine
shivani2422 wrote:
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mohamedlasheen
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mohamedlasheen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:47 pm

np_7777 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 pm
shivani2422 wrote:
Hi All,

--- Joint Bank account is the most unambiguous way of getting the required points. And it needs to be a Current account (Savings Account, Mutual Funds etc. is not ok)

--- 90 days is clearly mentioned in the guidance. I have not seen cases where people have been able to bypass that.

--- You need to fund the business with your funds. It can also be a Director's loan

All and np_7777,

Regarding the response of point 2, I am holding the money in a saving joint account in Egypt in cash, I did not see any requirements or a must to be in a current joint account. please advise

mohamedlasheen
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mohamedlasheen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:25 pm

I mean the joint account is a typical saving account

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:56 pm

mohamedlasheen wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:47 pm
np_7777 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 pm
shivani2422 wrote:
Hi All,

All and np_7777,

Regarding the response of point 2, I am holding the money in a saving joint account in Egypt in cash, I did not see any requirements or a must to be in a current joint account. please advise
I have not seen anything that insists it has to be a current account.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

np_7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by np_7777 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:45 pm

This is on Page 9 of the Guidance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur)

"Available money must be cash, not in Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) or other assets such as stocks and shares"

However please note that the term "Savings Account" means different country to country. So while a Savings Account might still be ok, in my view Current account is the safest as it is as good as cash in terms on liquidity

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm

np_7777 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:45 pm
This is on Page 9 of the Guidance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur)

"Available money must be cash, not in Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) or other assets such as stocks and shares"

However please note that the term "Savings Account" means different country to country. So while a Savings Account might still be ok, in my view Current account is the safest as it is as good as cash in terms on liquidity
ISAs is a very UK specific term and is an investment account. There are normal savings accounts in the UK which should be acceptable.

shivani2422
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shivani2422 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Hello All,

Thank you so much for replying to my queries. It cleared things for me .

Could you please tell me if my partner can act as my third party for the funds and if yes, then what all documents are required to show for the same.

Thanks