ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form T Application - Evidence of Residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thesiupao
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Form T Application - Evidence of Residency

Post by thesiupao » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:58 am

I am 28 years old and am applying for registration as a British Citizen via Form T (was born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983 and has lived in the UK up to the age of 10), as I meet the requirements for this. At the time I was born, my parents did not have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) so I have too have ILR and no Right of Abode.

Part of the application is to prove my residency in the UK from age 0-10. Naturally, the Home Office has requested as much evidence as possible, citing UK birth certificate, NHS records, school letters etc. Fortunately I have my:

- UK Birth Certificate
- Child Health Record & Vaccination Record which documents my immunisations, weight as a baby etc each year from age 0-7 (bar no information for when I was 6).
- For primary school, I have two years of school reports from age 8-10, a series of certificates given at age 6-10, school class photos at age 5
- Library awards aged 5 & 6 and library card
- travel information abroad in the form of Mother's old passports (which I travelled on as a child) for ages 0-4, 9-14 but nothing for 5-8 as I can't find this passport. I will explain this in a cover letter.

My questions are as follows:

1) I have no travel information for age 5-8, but I am certain this does not exceed the 90 days per year requirement. Will explaining that I don't have my mother's passport for that age range in a cover letter be sufficient? I can't think of any other way to prove I was not out of the country for more than 90 days per year.
2) The only official school documents are the two years of school reports aged 8-10, the rest are certificates and class photos. I've contacted my local council (my primary schools no longer hold my records) for a letter detailing my attendance at my primary schools, but have yet to receive a response. If they no longer have my records, is it sufficient to explain that the schools and local councils no longer have my records and append the emails mentioning this?
3) I have correspondence in the form of emails from my primary schools etc regarding the lack of information on their systems (to be fair to them it was over 18 years ago). Can email correspondence be included in my application or do I need it to be in an official letter?
4) With the information above, is there a likely chance that my application will be accepted, or should I try to dig more information out (I've pretty much exhausted all my options except maybe asking a schoolmate to write a letter about going to school with me, if this even counts)

It is a real pain that I have to prove all of this when I know where I went to school, that I lived here until at least age 10 etc, but have no 'official' documents to prove it. It is especially nerve-wracking when there is a hefty £1206 fee which is non-refundable!!

Any feedback/experience is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

Rachelsona
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Form T Application - Evidence of Residency

Post by Rachelsona » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 am

Hi , i have sent with similar documents. I have not heard back yet. Have you received good news?