ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after March 29 for non EEA family members residency card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yanique97
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

What happens after March 29 for non EEA family members residency card

Post by Yanique97 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi, I need to apply as a extended family member of an EEA national, but his passport has expired and I’m afraid we won’t get his passport in time to make the application.
The last application I made, I was advised that the success of my being granted a residency card depends on Uk membership to the EU. Does that mean that after the 29th of March if my application isn’t granted will I need to apply for a different type of residency? I or will it not affect me if I send my application before Uk is out of the EU?
I would rally like some advise please as I am panicking and I have a signing in May and I don’t not want to be detained. 😩😢

alterhase58
Germany

Re: What happens after March 29 for non EEA family members residency card

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Nobody should panic. The government has published information on the "settled status" successor to the EUR RC/PR:
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families
Review first - you are welcome to ask questions but remember this hasn';t been rolled out fully.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Yanique97
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Yanique97 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Okay, thank you. So does this mean that nothing will change in regards to the process?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Major change is that "settled status" will be digitally based (unless additional documents are requested) - and the basis in law will be UK not EU (subject to to the withdrawal agreement which hasn''t been approved yet).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Yanique97
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Yanique97 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Okay, thank you 🙏🏾