ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New application, considered as free review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alexkutty

New application, considered as free review

Post by alexkutty » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:59 am

My application for the paid review they considered as free review and rejected. I called HO yesterday and they said they send me back my file as rejected, said they won't consider additional document for free review. My application was a fully completed as new and all the documents were attached, and the payment part was completed. I don't understand why they considered as it a free review.

Now I am waiting for the parcel to reapply again.

any comments

kcr

Re: New application, considered as free review

Post by kcr » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:54 am

alexkutty wrote:My application for the paid review they considered as free review and rejected. I called HO yesterday and they said they send me back my file as rejected, said they won't consider additional document for free review. My application was a fully completed as new and all the documents were attached, and the payment part was completed. I don't understand why they considered as it a free review.

Now I am waiting for the parcel to reapply again.

any comments
hi,

sorry to hear that alex.Did you mention in your cover letter that you are making a paid appeal?
or could it be that you faxed them a review request and then sent your paid application while your review request is still pending?

alexkutty

Post by alexkutty » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:58 am

Hi

I never send a request for appeal, directely put a second application with additional reference letters with maximum details. I think I made a mistake in covering letter subject line writing as "Application to reconsider the HSMP decision dated 11/02/2005".

What should I write as covering letter subject?

please comment.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:19 am

If its a new application then you should not mention anything about 'reconsidering the HSMP decision'. do you want to have a reveiw of the initial application or you are sending in a completely new application

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:18 pm

meanwhile there is no where you have also mentioned whether they have charged your CC or other formof payment. did you forward the required payment?
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

alexkutty

Post by alexkutty » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:29 am

Hi f2k
Again I would like to submit my application as a paid review, because I should not loose any points where I scored last time for any other reasons. How I should differentiate it is new or review application? I think in any case we should use the original application form and we should fill the home office reference no. part too. That is the way I applied for the paid review last time, and they are not charged my credit card. Straightaway they considered it as unpaid review and rejected.

hi lightspace
I have authorized them to charge my credit card same way my first application was (charged on the second day of the receipt of application and notified by email) this time it is not charged and there was no email notification. I think it can be a mistake of HO.

Now I am waiting for my parcel (All my original documents) back, to send the application again since it is on the way back to me.

Thanks

technician

Post by technician » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:02 am

Hi Alexkutty,

Namaskaram.

Please could you tell me how you are contacting with the HSMP team.
Please post on the forum their phone number and the email.

I am july applicant still waiting

Thanks,

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

alexkutty

Post by alexkutty » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:16 pm

Hi tech

telephone no you asked=0044 1142591894.

You have to be patient to dial redial ..........redia......redie....re....

Approximately after 30 to 40 redial I got connected.

Good luck

technician

Post by technician » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:34 am

Thnaks Alexkully

kcr

Post by kcr » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:23 pm

alexkutty wrote:Hi f2k
..... How I should differentiate it is new or review application? I think in any case we should use the original application form and we should fill the home office reference no. part too. That is the way I applied for the paid review last time, and they are not charged my credit card. Straightaway they considered it as unpaid review and rejected...
hi alex,
which address did you send the application to?As far as I know,The paid/new applications must be sent to the Doncaster address and the review request to the Sheffield address.Could it be that you sent your application to the Sheffield address and they took it to be a review application/request?

alexkutty

Post by alexkutty » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:04 am

hi kcr

I had send my second review application to Doncaster address-the same address I send my first one.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:10 am

alexkutty

i am afraid you are confusing things. there is no such thing as paid review. if you are completing a new application form it is a new application, not a review - and it will be considered on its own merits. if you are applying for review you just send a letter describing the points you want them to consider/pay more attention to, without sending anything else. If you need to provide additional documents then you will need to make a fresh new application IMHO.

For the record, I was initially rejected, wrote a review request letter clarifying why I qualify, and was accepted in spring 2004.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:17 am

yah I agree with hsmphopeful on this. See what I got from d automatic generated mail from hsmp.workpermit:

MY APPLICATION WAS REFUSED. CAN I APPEAL?
There is no formal right of appeal against an HSMP decision. However, you may request a review of the decision.
You should write to the HSMP team at the address below explaining why you feel the application was wrongly refused and addressing the reasons for refusal given in our decision letter.
Applications will only be reviewed on the information originally provided.
If you wish to submit additional information
you should make a new application.

A response will be issued to all other enquiries within fifteen working days.

you see, you can only review without payment if you will not include any additional docs.

get it?

Iyanu

alexkutty

Post by alexkutty » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:04 pm

There is no confusion

Send the Original application on 28/01/2005
Credit card charged on 01/02/2005
Decision date (refused-reference letter) on 11/02/2005

decided to send new application with additional reference letter

completed the HSMP form same as the first one and filled the HO ref no. part too since i got an HO ref no.

Attached the additional reference letters with all documents which i send with the original application. In the covering letter I mentioned 'reconsider the original decision' that may be confused the HSMP team.

Send on 23/03/2005 (Doncaster address)
receipt date as per DHL 25/03/2005
not received any email confirmation
my credit card is not charged
Called HSMP on 14/03/2005
(They said they cannot consider my review application as free since i attached additional documents so they send my file back on 11/03/2005)
Now I am waiting my documents(all originals) to make again a new application as it is removeing the sentence 'reconsider the original decision'

Hope there is no confusion except the HO team mistakenly considered my appliction as free review.

Thanks and regards.

technician

Post by technician » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:23 pm

Hello Alex Kutty,

As mentioned in the HSMp guidance notes, Where can I find Annexure for making a review. This is almost on the third last page of Guidance notes.

TECH

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:44 pm

AlexKutty,

I THINK THE MISTAKE IS THE HEADING OF YOUR COVERING LETTER AND INCLUSION OF YOUR FORMER DECISION LETTER.

SINCE THEY EXPECT A NEW APPLICATION, THERE IS NO NEED FOR TITLING YOUR COVERING LETTER WITH 'RECONSIDER.....' AND ALSO ENCLOSING YOUR FORMER DECISION LETTER.

WHEN U RECEIVE IT JUST CHANGE THE COVER LETTER HEADING TO SOMETHING NEW LIKE ' APPLICATION FOR HSMP...' AND MAKE A FRESH APPLICATION.

I THINK THIS SHOULD LAID TO REST THE 'STRESSED NERVE'.

ALL THE BEST IN YOUR NEXT APPLICATION. I AM ALSO WAITING FOR MY DECISION LETTER TO LAND. HOPE IS POSITIVE.

IYANU.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:00 pm

Iyanu, I sent you a PM yesterday reminding you that writing on the internet using block capitals is equivalent to shouting, but I don't think you have opened it yet.

Persist in writing in block capitals and you may find your postings mysteriously disappear! :cry:
John

alexkutty

Post by alexkutty » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:09 am

I got my complete file back by mail but missing the payment slip - the first page of my application. Now my concern is that by mistake they may charge my credit card, since they still keep the payment slip with them.

Today I am sending my third application with the same documents I attached in my second application.

Thanks for any comments