ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document for gap between employment.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

initpidzero
Newly Registered
India

Few questions about SET(o) form and documents.

Post by initpidzero » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi all,
I have few questions regarding filling the ILR set(o) 5 year General Tier 2 migrant form.

1. When did you first enter the UK?

I came to UK in Sep 2010 for my Masters on Tier 4 Student visa.
Got my PSW in Feb 2012
Got my Tier 2 General in Dec 2013.

Should the date here be the first time I entered UK or Should it be date of starting of Tier 2 Visa?

2. Dates of Absence from UK?

Assuming I provide the date of entry as Sep 2010. I still have to only provide date of absence from Dec 2013 to Present?
I wouldn't have to provide absence details before starting of 5 year period of my Tier 2 visa?

3. Order of Absence.
Should the entry in the form in chronological order?
I think I put one of the early entries last in the form, should I change that?

4. Old passport details?

I have renewed my passport in Nov 2018 and my old passport have all the stamps from all the travel etc. But I don't see any fields in form to fill details of old passport. I am sure, they would need old passport but there is no mention of it, so I am confused if I have missed something in the form?

5. Letter from employers
I have changed my job last year in Feb, so 4 years of my tier 2 visa period is with my old employer. While getting the letter from my previous employer. Do they need to mention about salary rates, SOC requirement etc?
Should letter of absence of leave say that I have taken leave only starting from start of my Tier 2 visa(Dec 2013) to end of my employment? or should it have details of all absence when I was employed with them?

Should letter mention that initial period of my employment was based on PSW visa and it changed to tier 2 in Dec 2013?

6. Gap between jobs.
I have 15 days gap between joining my new employer and leaving old employer. Does it need to be accounted for?
Do I need to mention it somewhere? or Do I need to get some kind of document from my current or old employer about it?

7. Supporting document for leave to remain before tier 2.

One of the supporting document required from the form is:
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you
met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website

I am assuming by this they mean documents like old Biometric Card from PSW and Sticker for Tier 4 visa?
Is that correct?
I suppose the photocopy of old BRP card should do?

Thank you.

initpidzero
Newly Registered
India

Re: Few questions about SET(o) form and documents.

Post by initpidzero » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 am

Sorry for bumping this, since I didn't get any replies.
I have read few posts and for question 1. I have seen few folks saying I have to put the real date of entry, however few others saying it is date of start of Tier 2 General.Not sure which is applicable.

Still looking for answers for other questions.

initpidzero
Newly Registered
India

Document for gap between employment.

Post by initpidzero » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi all,
I had 16 days gap between last day of my previous employment and joining my current employer. Both employment were based on Tier 2 General Visa. Do I have to provide some sort of document for this gap?

"Evidence of Mr initpidzero's immigration status".
Is this same as my current BRP, because they have also specified Current BRP as a support document?

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you
met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website

Is this supposed to be Visa document before Tier 2 i.e. BRP from PSW and Tier 4 sticker on Passport?

Does Salary rates/SoC need to be provided in Letter from Former Employer along with leave of absence?

initpidzero
Newly Registered
India

Uploading docs on sopa steria site for set -o

Post by initpidzero » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:06 am

Hi all,
I have filled my application and have booked appointment for Feb 1. In order to load documents I have few questions:
1. Do letter of Absence and Letter for employment have to be two separate letters or could it be just one?
2. For Bank statements, my understanding is get a copy from bank and highlight the Salary part on it. These statement have to be stamped from the bank?
3. Salary slips need to be signed by the someone from company?
4. I will upload new passport and old passport. Do I have to get all the stamps on old passport scanned and uploaded as well? None of my stamps are on new passport.
5. I am not sure anywhere it says about taking photographs with me, Do I have to take photographs or do they do it with Biometrics?
6. Since there are more than one of many documents, Can you upload multiple files in each section or do you combine files into one pdf?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document for gap between employment.

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am

1. It can be one or two letters. Makes no difference.

2. No need to highlight your bank statement.

3. Yes, if they are online printed ones.

4. Not needed.

5. Either, ,most seem to upload per section.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

initpidzero
Newly Registered
India

Post by initpidzero » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Two quick questions:
1. Salary slips and Bank statements should be for 6 months or 3 months?
2. Some of my friends have carried their P60s with them while doing their ILR, whereas most folks suggest here it is not required. I am confused if I need to upload them or just carry them if they ask for it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:05 pm

1. 3 months.

2. Not required.

Note that the UKCVAS staff are not HO staff and won't necessarily being asking you for extra documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.