ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN section 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Form AN section 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for naturalisation after 1 year on ILR (5 year Tier1 route). Whwn I was going through the documents section the following section (form AN pdf version 12/18) page 31 says

SECTION 8 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:

• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their
employment including start and finish dates

If we need to submit these for last 5 years? or only recent ones.

also in section 3

SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in
civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for
applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants,
either:
• your passports
• letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments
indicating presence in UK

I have not travelled out of UK in last 5 years, if passports will be enough or need employers letter as well?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Form AN section 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:13 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm
Hi,

I am going to apply for naturalisation after 1 year on ILR (5 year Tier1 route). Whwn I was going through the documents section the following section (form AN pdf version 12/18) page 31 says

SECTION 8 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:

• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their

If we need to submit these for last 5 years? or only recent ones. For the 5 years - only one type from the list - employer letter would be easiest

also in section 3

SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in
civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for
applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants,
either:
• your passports
• letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments
indicating presence in UK

I have not travelled out of UK in last 5 years, if passports will be enough or need employers letter as well? either of the two - yes PP is fine
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Hioru
United Kingdom

Re: Form AN section 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:

Post by Hioru » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:13 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:
Hi,

• payslips
• P60’s

If we need to submit these for last 5 years? or only recent ones. For the 5 years - only one type from the list - employer letter would be easiest
It's funny people mention a lot here that employer's letters would be the easiest. That requires speaking with employers and imagine having more than one employer covering the period!
Whereas payslips are just sitting there waiting either in the corner of the room or in the computer ready to be printed. 🤷‍♀️ Unless I'm the only person in the whole forum who kept his payslips throughout his immigration life.

WhoAreYou
BANNED
European Union

Post by WhoAreYou » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Hioru wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:22 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:13 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:
Hi,

• payslips
• P60’s

It's funny people mention a lot here that employer's letters would be the easiest. That requires speaking with employers and imagine having more than one employer covering the period!
Whereas payslips are just sitting there waiting either in the corner of the room or in the computer ready to be printed. 🤷‍♀️ Unless I'm the only person in the whole forum who kept his payslips throughout his immigration life.
I used to keep all my payslips then I moved house and had no reason at the time to still keep them. Can always get them again from my employer.

Employer letter was certainly easier for me. One call to HR and had my letter in an email 2 days later. One call to previous employer's HR and they were more than happy to send me a letter via 1st Class post the next days for free.

Hioru
United Kingdom

Post by Hioru » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:59 pm

WhoAreYou wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 pm
Employer letter was certainly easier for me. One call to HR and had my letter in an email 2 days later. One call to previous employer's HR and they were more than happy to send me a letter via 1st Class post the next days for free.
Thanks! I personally decided not to take a chance asking mine and waiting (especially as in some companies they didn't even have HR, as it was a 3-5 person company, thought that me suddenly reappearing and asking for things would be a hassle), so thought as I had all the payslips already anyway might use them. But I'm glad to hear yours were that quick!