ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job creation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pam16
Newly Registered
India

Job creation

Post by pam16 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi experienced members,

I am very close to my ILR application which is now due in 6 months. One of my employee (in a job share) who has been working for 4 months now has given me notice so I have to find a new one now. The worry is that the employee hasn't given me her passport copy as she has been saying that it's expired and she intends to apply one soon but she hasn't yet. She is an English person, British citizen, and I do hold a copy of her birth certificate and driving licence (L). I wonder if she's hesitant to give me the copy of the old one and to apply a new one, not sure why. When applying for ILR, will her post be counted or it won't be towards scoring the points? or all this time has been wasted and the employment won't count? She is born after 1983. As per the guideline if that's the case, additional documents are required along with the birth certificate like passport. Now if this is the case, obviously I am concerned. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pam

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Job creation

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 am

Yes she needs to give you a copy of her passport, even if expired. You should have not employed someone when you cannot properly assess their right to work in the UK. A birth certificate does not cut it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 am

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:57 am

The additional docs with the birth cert.. bizarre!
Obtaining a British passport is not obligatory on a citizen..
Nonetheless you are in a fix.
Request her to provide you with a copy even if expired or the other docs..implore her!
Best of luck!