ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the long-term absence affect the application for SET (M)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dsyu
Newly Registered
China

Does the long-term absence affect the application for SET (M)?

Post by dsyu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Dear all,

I am going to apply for SET (M) in next month. But I am concerned with something about the long-term absence. My wife (British citizen) and I were working and living together outside the UK during last three years. I travelled back to UK every six months. Does anyone know if this affects my application for SET (M)? Many thanks in advance.

If anyone, who was in the similar situation, has succeeded in application for SET (M), please let me know. Thanks very much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does the long-term absence affect the application for SET (M)?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:25 pm

1. For how long did you stay when traveling back every 6 months? It appears you have been using a spouse visa as a visitor visa.

2. Did only you return to the UK every 6 months?

3. For ILR, you require 5 years residence IN the UK. You are also required to declare all absences that are over 6 months in the ILR form.

4. What evidence of being 'present and settled in the UK' and cohabitation do you have from the UK?

5. How will you meet the financial requirements if you or your spouse do not have any UK evidence of payslips and bank statements?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dsyu
Newly Registered
China

Re: Does the long-term absence affect the application for SET (M)?

Post by dsyu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:47 pm

1. For how long did you stay when traveling back every 6 months? It appears you have been using a spouse visa as a visitor visa.
reply: one week every time.
I had no choice three year ago. We could not find a job with reasonable payment at that time. In order to meet the financial requirements, we had to work outside UK to save the money. Sadly.

2. Did only you return to the UK every 6 months?
reply: both my wife and I travelled together.

3. For ILR, you require 5 years residence IN the UK. You are also required to declare all absences that are over 6 months in the ILR form.
reply: what do you mean by 'declare all absences'? Just write a letter?

4. What evidence of being 'present and settled in the UK' and cohabitation do you have from the UK?
reply: As I said, my wife and I always travelled and lived together.
What do you mean by 'present and settled in the UK'? We are now living in UK. My wife is British.

5. How will you meet the financial requirements if you or your spouse do not have any UK evidence of payslips and bank statements?
reply: we came back to UK in July 2018. Both of us are working in UK now. We have UK payslips over last six months and also have savings.