ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LITUK pass certificate not returned after ILR granted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nduaj
Newly Registered

LITUK pass certificate not returned after ILR granted

Post by nduaj » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

Hi All,
My ILR was recently approved and I just received my original documents back from the Home Office. One thing I noticed is they didn't return my original LITUK (Life in the UK) pass certificate.
So my question: is it normal for them to hold onto this document or shall I send a message to them requesting they return it?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: LITUK pass certificate not returned after ILR granted

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:29 pm

NO they must return it. You need it if you want to apply for naturalisation later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Donflats
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Donflats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:39 pm

How long did it take them to make your decision?

nduaj
Newly Registered

Post by nduaj » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:28 pm

I submitted in October, did my Bio-metric reg. around the middle of November and even though I received the BRP in January, the accompanying letter was dated in December