ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Any particular reason for you to shout??
headley wrote:Hi All,

STILL WAITING LIKE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

HOPE TOMORROW IS A BETTER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL WE CAN DO IS WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

headley

headley

Post by headley » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Sorry to offend. I didnot realised the caps key from keyboard was on until too late.

Sorry to offend.

I just wanted to spread some hope and encourage all to stay positive.

headley

Dinesh_2008
Newly Registered

Re: Good news

Post by Dinesh_2008 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:17 pm

just a clarification:

Did you sent special delivery envolpe while applying? or HO send your documents through special delivery. for me, techno and soni they said they have sent documents june 5th, but no updates in RM site. HO told me they have sent through second class sign'd.

sswt wrote:Finally, received my docs today around 1:30PM

Details as below:
===========
Type: WP to Tier1

Applied on: 24th April'08

Number Applications : 3 (1 main + 2 dependants)

Application received by HO and credit card charged : 25th April'08

Ref num Received: 28th April'08

Intermediate status:
----------------------
1.called up on 27th April and told by CC that I will be receiving docs within a week time

2. called up on 5th June around 2.10pm and cc told that HO already despatched the docs 47mins ago and provided the RM next day delivery tracking number as well. I was really lucky to get the info...

Decision: Approved
Approval date : 27th May'08
stamping date : 2nd june'08
Received date : 06th june'08

Good luck to all who are waiting for their approval....

kmore97

Re: Email Communication with Home Office

Post by kmore97 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:27 pm

chakde, I think you can write him. No harm as long as you are polite and don't pressurise him.
chakde23 wrote:I agree , i was surprised when CW gave his email id .... when he phoned me i though he is going to ask me to fax that page or send it by post - when he said can I email him ? i was more happy to do that .....but I am not sure if he will entertain any more emails for an update .....do you think i should email him or wait ?

kmore97 wrote:Everyone is not lucky to get caseworker's email address. :D I meant - customer centre email id.
chakde23 wrote:I did emai my caseworker directly and he responded in 2 mins , acknowledging receipt of page 34.....i have tried calling CC after that twice ....in vain ! I am thinking to email CW directly next tuesday if i dont get any update.
kmore97 wrote:Email Communication with Home Office

I just wonder if anyone tried an email communication with HO and got any better update.

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:48 pm

Mate, i enclosed a next day special delivery enveloppe with my initial application, and i forgot to write down the ref number, when i called yesterday she told me it's not yet despatched it;s ready for despatched and this is the ref number, i was tracking my number since yesterday on the site but nothing, i called HO today he told me nothing was sent, all what i can say is that ur application is under consideration and it takes up to 10 weeks... As i said the answers they give us r really non coherent at all, loads of confusion. I won't believe until i see my passport in my hand from now on.
Small reflection guys theres was 2 bank holidays in May...We should add it to the 6 weeks processing time or God knows 10 weeks..
P.L.U.R.

Dinesh_2008 wrote:just a clarification:

Did you sent special delivery envolpe while applying? or HO send your documents through special delivery. for me, techno and soni they said they have sent documents june 5th, but no updates in RM site. HO told me they have sent through second class sign'd.

sswt wrote:Finally, received my docs today around 1:30PM

Details as below:
===========

Intermediate status:
----------------------
1.called up on 27th April and told by CC that I will be receiving docs within a week time

2. called up on 5th June around 2.10pm and cc told that HO already despatched the docs 47mins ago and provided the RM next day delivery tracking number as well. I was really lucky to get the info...

Good luck to all who are waiting for their approval....

sansui
Newly Registered

Latest Update

Post by sansui » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:21 pm

:roll: Here is some update from my side.when i check Royal mail with my prepaid special delivery reference number following message appear:
"IT'S ON ITS WAY" We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 09/06/08.it's killing me i can't sleep tonight.

I will update U guys once i got my document.
thanks
sansui

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:48 pm

god luck mate. u will get docs on monday then

sswt
Newly Registered

Post by sswt » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:44 pm

Yes,I had given a prepaid next day delivery envelope along with my application...so it started giving status from yesterday evening in RM site....

[quote="Dinesh_2008"]just a clarification:

[quote="sswt"]Finally, received my docs today around 1:30PM

Details as below:
===========

Intermediate status:
----------------------

Good luck to all who are waiting for their approval....[/quote][/quote]

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:07 am

Hi All,

WP -> T1, applied on 8th May.

I have not enclosed any return envolope with my application. Would it make sense to send a return envolope now? and where?

BTW, where can I find the text regarding this on bia?

-H

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:23 am

Hi Guyz,

Some updates from my side :) .
Yesterday I had called HO @ 3.30 pm. And a helpful guy gave me some good news that the decision has been made and your documents are ready for despatch. Since it was late on Friday it would be Monday when my documents would be posted and hence was not able to give any reference number for tracking. Hope my agent gets the documents on Monday and then I can update you upon the news, whether good or bad :) .

Here are my timelines:

Type of application : WP to TIER 1
Posted on:- 24-Apr-08. Applied from UK through Consultant.
Received by HO on:- 25-Apr-08
Ref no recvd:- 25-Apr-08 (Consultant received letter from HO)
Reference Number: PB3037******/001
Payment processed:- somewhere in between 28 April and 30 April
Decision made: Yes. (Called HO on 6th June. Documents to be despatched on Monday by HO)

Best Luck to all of you who have the same timelines as me. You will definitely here some news today or on Monday........

Cheerz
Cooldepps

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:40 am

kindly post ur updates for today

sansui
Newly Registered

Re: Latest Update

Post by sansui » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:03 am

:lol: Got It.
Hi guys I just got my documents back from Royal mail specil delivery.I just can't belive that decision was made on 26th april and was stamped on 5th june.Such a long gap between those two process.anyway I got it.
best of luck to those who are eagerly waiting.
here is my time line:

Type of application : WP to Tier 1 with valid HSMP letter
Application Sent : 07/4/2008
Payment taken : 08/4/2008
Ref no dated : 10/04/2008
Ref number : PB3020**
Approved: 26th april 2008
Stamped: 5th June 2008
Received: 7th June 2008 with royal mail Special Delivery
sansui wrote::roll: Here is some update from my side.when i check Royal mail with my prepaid special delivery reference number following message appear:
"IT'S ON ITS WAY" We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 09/06/08.it's killing me i can't sleep tonight.

I will update U guys once i got my document.
thanks
sansui

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:26 am

congratulations sansui,

thats true, they have taken long time in ur case, its a bit odd. over a month just to stamp the passport. neways. so ur validity starts from 26th April?

sansui
Newly Registered

Post by sansui » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:34 am

Hi vipul1981,
I am not sure.stamped date is 5th june and as per Approval letter it should start 26th April as my visa is valid until 26th April 2011.
Thanks
vipul1981 wrote:congratulations sansui,

thats true, they have taken long time in ur case, its a bit odd. over a month just to stamp the passport. neways. so ur validity starts from 26th April?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:34 am

Congrats guys! I am a 8th May applicant. For the month of Apr we still have to get approvals for Beever, Dinesh_2008, Chakde and headley in UK. I wonder when they would start posting back May applications. My employer wants me to go back to India and I am running out of excuses now. Last I told him I will leave on the 15th May.

I have not enclosed any return envolope with my application. Would it make sense to send a return envolope now? and where?

BTW, where can I find the text regarding this on bia?

-H

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:44 am

hussain, dont worryabout the reurn envelope. its not mandatory. some people did. even i did, but nowhere it says anything about the return envelope. it just helps, coz HO will send in 2nd class recorded and we enclosed next day special delivery. and coz i hav the tracking ref, i can start tracing up next wek on royal mail website.

so dont worry, its fine

and ya even i am desperate for May applications to start coming now

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:15 am

I don't understand - why there will require an approval - Sansui has already HSMP approval.

Another thing, I don't understand why cases with HSMP approval letter is taking longer to decide.
vipul1981 wrote:congratulations sansui,

headley

Post by headley » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:24 am

Hi all,

kmore97 you are correct in saying that cases with HSMP approval letter are taking longer. Mine was WP to Tier 1 with HSMP letter sent April 29th pretty straight forward but it seems like it is take forever.

I guess all we can do is just wait and wait some more.

BTW congrats sansui

headley

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:35 am

Got mail but again nothing frm HO.. I didnt include self addressed cover for returning the documents.. So might be another excuse for getting documents late...

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:38 am

Anil,
Have you got any update - like decision made, document posted by HO?

You applied on 22 Apr - isn't it? Why is it taking so long?
anilhemnani wrote:Got mail but again nothing frm HO.. I didnt include self addressed cover for returning the documents.. So might be another excuse for getting documents late...

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:43 am

No dont have any update from HO... The only update I got is that we cannot tell you status before 10 weeks..
kmore97 wrote:Anil,
Have you got any update - like decision made, document posted by HO?

You applied on 22 Apr - isn't it? Why is it taking so long?
anilhemnani wrote:Got mail but again nothing frm HO.. I didnt include self addressed cover for returning the documents.. So might be another excuse for getting documents late...

sjforever
Newly Registered

My 'urgent treatment' timeline

Post by sjforever » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:45 am

Hi all.........have been mostly a silent observer till now. This forum has helped me immensely.

I initially applied for HSMP way back in February but that was taking forever and causing me alot of anguish. So in May I decided to withdraw it and apply for Tier 1 instead. A bit of a gamble as I had already been made redundant by my employer at the end of April.

I sent an Urgent treatment 'letter'/request (with a job offer letter) which lead to my application being sped up. so Urgent treatment DOES work for Tier1 :)

Type of application : WP to Tier 1
Application Received by HO : 15th May 2008
Payment taken : 16th May 2008
Ref no dated : 16th May 2008
Ref number : PB3057**
Urgent Treatment Letter Faxed on: 27th May 2007
Approved: 4th June 2008
Received: 7th June 2008 with royal mail Special Delivery (I had provided a self addressed envelope with my application)
Days Taken: 23

Thanks again to the forum and everyone for their help and useful comments. GoodLuck to those of you still waiting. I think your in good hands cus the Tier 1 team know what their doing..............unlike the HSMP jokers ;)

SJ

chakde23

Re: My 'urgent treatment' timeline

Post by chakde23 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:11 am

This is gr8 stuff .....only 23 days !!! congrats indeed .....

sjforever wrote:Hi all.........have been mostly a silent observer till now. This forum has helped me immensely.

I initially applied for HSMP way back in February but that was taking forever and causing me alot of anguish. So in May I decided to withdraw it and apply for Tier 1 instead. A bit of a gamble as I had already been made redundant by my employer at the end of April.

I sent an Urgent treatment 'letter'/request (with a job offer letter) which lead to my application being sped up. so Urgent treatment DOES work for Tier1 :)

Type of application : WP to Tier 1
Application Received by HO : 15th May 2008
Payment taken : 16th May 2008
Ref no dated : 16th May 2008
Ref number : PB3057**
Urgent Treatment Letter Faxed on: 27th May 2007
Approved: 4th June 2008
Received: 7th June 2008 with royal mail Special Delivery (I had provided a self addressed envelope with my application)
Days Taken: 23

Thanks again to the forum and everyone for their help and useful comments. GoodLuck to those of you still waiting. I think your in good hands cus the Tier 1 team know what their doing..............unlike the HSMP jokers ;)

SJ

jaan4nav
Newly Registered

EC refused under Tier 1 from India

Post by jaan4nav » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Friends,

I have been refused EC under the Tier-1 General catagory for the following 2 reason:
1) Previous Earnings
2) Insufficient Funds

I had submitted my documents to the Ahmedabad VFS on the 22nd of May 2008. However, the ECO has mentioned that he has refused my visa on the 9th of May 2008?? what a disconnect???

Please find my findings mentioned under: I feel there has been some mistake somewhere, but would require your guidance before i fill up the admin review form and send it across:

1) Age
Points awarded are 10 ----- No comments --- Accepted

2) Qualifications
Points awarded are 35 ----- No Comments --- Accepted

3) Previous Earnings
Points awarded are 20 ----- Comments ---- Not Accepted
Concerns:- Please note that they have taken the NET INCOME AFTER TAX and NOT THE GROSS INCOME BEFORE TAX for assessing me on this parameter. This is contradicting the statement as per the Tier-1 general Policy Guide, under the section of Assessment of Previous Earnings, Paragraph 87, first line, which confirms that for applicant’s in salaried employment, gross salary before tax will be assessed.

However, in my case, as per the Entry Clearance Officer’s decision, the ECO has commented that my income has been recalculated as per the NET INCOME. Thus, he has arrived to a figure of INR 3XXXXX, which is post Tax as per my payslips, as against INR 4XXXX claimed by myself which is Gross Salary before Tax. This now leaves me with just 20 points instead of 30 points.

Also, as per the ECO’s comment in the previous earnings, he has mentioned that I have claimed 40 points for my previous earnings, whereas I have just claimed 30. Please note that as INR 4xxxxx when converted and uplifted to the UK standards, works out to GBP 3xxxxx, it actually falls under the 30 point scale as it is within the range of £29,000 - £31,999. Hence I had claimed 30 points and not 40 points

Hence, I believe I should be getting 30 full points to equal this section to a total of 75 points.

4) UK Experience
Points awarded are 05 ----- No comments----- Accepted

5) English Language
Points awarded are 10 ----- No Comments ----- Accepted

6) Maintenance
I believe that my Post Office Savings of INR 300,000 has been missed out for evaluation. These funds have been lying with the Postal Savings Department, which is an Indian Government Body, since 19th August 2003. There have been no debits till date (05th June 2008). I have also equipped the British High Commission with the original letter from the Government to that extent.

Hence, I taking this INR 300,000 into consideration, which is equal to GBP 3529 approximately (INR 300,000 / 85, where in 1 GBP has been assumed to be equal to 85 Indian Rupees), I believe that I do have sufficient funds to meet my maintenance requirements in the UK.

All said and done, please also note the following:

The date of refusal of entry clearance that is mentioned in the letter is the 9th of May 2008.
However, I submitted my application only on the 22nd of May 2008 at the VFS office in Ahmedabad

i would really appreciate if anyone could throw some light on it and advice me if its ok to go for an admin review and what are the chances??

regards

nav

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:08 pm

that is amazing. congratulations