ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to pay online British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shamino

When to pay online British Citizenship application

Post by Shamino » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi all

I am currently completing my British Citizenship application online.

Should I make the payment when I'm eligible to apply? I got my ILR 18/01/2018, should I make the payment after 18/01/2019?

Can I also confirm if I need a letter from my previous employer to confirm my employment? When completing the online application form, this is not specified, it states the following:

If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you are married to, or the partner of, a British citizen).

Many thanks in advance :)

Cheers

alterhase58
Germany

Re: When to pay online British Citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Shamino wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm
Hi all

I am currently completing my British Citizenship application online.

Should I make the payment when I'm eligible to apply? I got my ILR 18/01/2018, should I make the payment after 18/01/2019? Yes - you need to have completed the 12 months ILR

Can I also confirm if I need a letter from my previous employer to confirm my employment? When completing the online application form, this is not specified, it states the following:

If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you are married to, or the partner of, a British citizen).Not needed - as you are non-EU you can prove your residence with your passport stamps in/out.

Many thanks in advance :)

Cheers
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Shamino

Post by Shamino » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 am

Many thanks Alterhase58

Its a bit strange that you have to wait till 12 months after ILR to make the payment.

I would have thought that once you entered the commencement of your ILR, that the website would block you from making the payment, or you can make the payment, but only submit your application 12 months from your ILR.

Thanks for the clarity

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:45 am

Date of online submission and payment is the date of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.