ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Undeclared - speeding and Speed Awareness Course

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mansoorash

Undeclared - speeding and Speed Awareness Course

Post by mansoorash » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Guys,

I think I might have made a mistake of omission in my citizenship application that I'd submitted in December 18.

During early 2018, I was caught speeding and since my record was clean, I was given the option of attending a Speed Awareness Course which I did and the fine was therefore never imposed. Should I have included/disclosed this in the application?

I am only asking because I was issued a PCN yesterday which I am appealing with the council against (not planning on going to the court) as the parking signs were nonexistent. This made me think if I should:

1- Email the UKVI and inform them of the fact that I'd attended a Speed Awareness Course during the year i.e. prior to the application ?
2- Email the UKVI and inform them of both Speed Awareness Course and the PCN that was issued after the application?
3- Neither of the above as Speed Awareness Course means no penalty and post application PCN does not need to be disclosed?

I will be most grateful for any of your comments.

Thank you.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Undeclared - speeding and Speed Awareness Course

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:40 pm

During early 2018, I was caught speeding and since my record was clean, I was given the option of attending a Speed Awareness Course which I did and the fine was therefore never imposed. Should I have included/disclosed this in the application?
If you were not given any fixed-penalty then you don't have to. Have you request SAR that will show if anything went in Police system for this.

I am only asking because I was issued a PCN yesterday which I am appealing with the council against (not planning on going to the court) as the parking signs were nonexistent. This made me think if I should:
PCN don't need to be declared. PCN are issues to the car not the driver. Car can be driven by different people. Also, Council don't even share their system wtih Police forget about home office
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

mansoorash

Re: Undeclared - speeding and Speed Awareness Course

Post by mansoorash » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I was given the option of either accepting a fine of £100 plus three points or the Speed Awareness Course. I chose the latter and therefore I was under the impression that it does not require a disclosure?

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that SAR can be requested from the police so I didn't request mine.