ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dilemma about FPN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NomiKaay
United Kingdom

Dilemma about FPN

Post by NomiKaay » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi all,

I have read through the various posts about FPNs, however, I wanted to be sure before I provide the input in my British Citizenship form.

A few days ago during Christmas period, I was caught speeding 50mph in a 40mph zone. I admitted to the offence so was offered a Driving Awareness course or FPN with £100 fine plus 3 points. Naturally, I opted for the course which is due to take place in early Feb.

In the naturalisation form, under the section 'Convictions and other penalties', I have said 'Yes' to the below question.

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

I further selected 'A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance'. Below is my explanation:

Tell us what - I was sent a letter following speeding. I was doing 50mph on a 40mph road.
Give more detail, for example, the fine or points on your licence - I have been offered choice of Driving Awareness course or FPN with a £100 fine plus 3 points. I have opted to attend the Driving Awareness course currently scheduled to take place on xx/02/2019 .

Do I need to declare this or am I being paranoid? If I don't need to declare it, wouldn't they find it form the Police database?

mansoorash

Re: Dilemma about FPN

Post by mansoorash » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:25 pm

I haven't in my application.

Found this link that you might find useful: https://www.nacro.org.uk/resettlement-a ... hecks/#pnd