ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR application

Post by Salama85 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi,

Thanks very much for the useful information in that website.

I will be eligible to apply for ILR (5 years route) by 20th of April 2019 (as per continous residence period), however I have to travel outside the UK for 40 days by 1st of May 2019 (my current tier 2 visa is valid till May 2020 .

Do I need to cancel my travel? as short period for the application( if I am not applying with premium service )
Can I apply when I come back ? (in that case do I need to include that 40 days as an absence period)

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Apply when you come back and yes you need to include all absences until the day of the application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Salama85 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:15 pm

Thanks very much , I do appreciate the quick response.

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Salama85 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Hi,

In my case ,my dependant will be eligible to apply for ILR by December 2020 , her current tier 2 dependant visa is valid till May 2020.

In case I managed to get my ILR , I understand that she needs to apply to extend her visa till December 2020 via tier 2 extension.

Can she keeps her current visa ( and use it to travel and come back) for now and change it before expire next year? or she needs straight away to change it?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 am

Salama85 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:51 pm
Hi,

In my case ,my dependant will be eligible to apply for ILR by December 2020 , her current tier 2 dependant visa is valid till May 2020.

In case I managed to get my ILR , I understand that she needs to apply to extend her visa till December 2020 via tier 2 extension.

Can she keeps her current visa ( and use it to travel and come back) for now and change it before expire next year? or she needs straight away to change it?

Thanks
She can remain on her current visa and free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Salama85 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Many thanks for your helpful response

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Salama85 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:48 am

Hi , it's me again , 2 issues about my ILR application if you don't mind,

I couldn't get a letter from my employer to confirm one of my absence periods (it was an annual leave, 19 days) as he said we don't keep records for that time , can I use this e-mail as an evidence that I tried to contact my employer, also I can provide my payslip during that annual leave to confirm that it was a paid time, would it be enough?

I found that document needed to be submitted along side my application:

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website"
I don't know what exactly these documents are?
Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pm

You do not need a letter for specific periods. The letter simply has to say all absences were approved by the employer and you are good.
No need to have other documents if you are relying on 5 years under Tier 2 only
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Salama85 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:07 am

Hi, I know about the new service and closure of premium service from November 2018 however now I have been offered either the new service or the existing service.
Does it means I am still able to us the old system where the premium service is allowed?

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Salama85 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:20 am

I am so sorry, I just found out the answer when i completed the application . it mentioned about the availability of existing service (very limited appointments on the premium service) , thanks

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Salama85 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Sorry it's me again, I am about to submit my application for ILR 5 years route.

Regarding the financial requirements, does it needs to hit the threshold for every single year as I had an employment gap in one year (I was changing my employer and the new visa delayed more than expected before been approved), so the annual payment during that year was less than the threshold.

It didn't say anything about the employment history or the previous annual payments in the application I am doing now , only the recent payment which is fine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:21 pm

You need to meet the salary requirement for ILR and not for the whole 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Salama85
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Salama85 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:52 am

Thanks you very much , hope not getting more to bother you