ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I had a telephonic chat with HSMP team

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talk2ravi

Post by talk2ravi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:19 am

Hello All,

I was lucky enough to get through the HSMP number (+44-114-259-1894)yesterday and had a detailed chat with the concerned person.

My application reached Doncaster in September, so I asked him if my application will be processed in 26 weeks. The HSMP person told me that at the moment they are processing June-16th application and I just have to wait. When I checked with him regarding the latest applications being processed quickly, he said there is a training batch who is dealing with the latest cases.

I also enquired if the HSMP department accepts contract job offers to expedite the processing. He said I can send the offer and they will look into it.

My understanding is that even after submitting the job offer there is no guarentee that our HSMP application will be processd quickly. It is solely at the descrition of the HSMP manager/team lead. He told me that if the job request is accepted I will still have to wait for 4-6 weeks.

One more thing that I would like to mention here is that I work for a TOP 5 company with offices in the UK. I told that person that i can get a transfer to the UK provided I have the visa. He asked me to get a letter from the organization stating this and fax the letter to them and they can look into it. (My company will never do that, instead they will fire me ;-) )

So I guess people working for multinational companies can also try to expedite the processing this way, if the company agrees.

To sum it up, People who have applied between June-September have to wait wait and wait..unless we have the job offer.

I am out of ideas as to what can be done next. I have been waiting for 6 months now.

TIME IS THE SOLUTION I GUESS.

Ravi

technician

Post by technician » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:11 am

Hello Ravi ji,

I dont understand how do you manage to get the above number. I am dialling the number 00 44 114 259 1894 from INDIA and always it is going engaged.

Your comments please

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

talk2ravi

Phone

Post by talk2ravi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:14 am

Hi Tech,

I tried calling the HSMP team at exactly 10:29PM IST which is 4:59PM GMT.

check if it works for you.

ALL THE BEST.

Ravi

brave
Newly Registered

Post by brave » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:44 am

I can't believe how the HSMP team can have a training team to do applications for 3 full months and experienced people doing only 7 days (june 10 -june 16) of processing over the 4 full months period. We dont have a choice and we got to take this for granted.

I am hoping that election campaign smear these people for what they are doing! It is completely unfair to give this kind of comment! Are they thinking that people in the world other than UK are impractical and illogical to believe such type of comments?

I wish I had the power to sack these guys! I still want to immigrate to UK because there are some major corporations who run better business.

talk2ravi

Post by talk2ravi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 am

Hello All,

Can we all draft a common mail and fax it to the home office with our concerns...

I am sure there are lots of people like me whose professional and personal decisions are on hold because of HSMP.The website still says 26 weeks for processing which is really crazy.

At this point in time at least I am feeling helpless about how to plan my future. The rate at which the applications are being processed. it will take another year at least to get a decision.

what are your thoughts on addressing our concerns to the team. If not the date we atleast need some idea about when our application will be processed and I am sure HSMP can give us a rough idea . This will definitely help us plan for the future.

Ravi

zombie1979
Newly Registered

Post by zombie1979 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:05 am

I agree.A certain amount of action is required from our part.It is totally unfair to all the applicants.
I think the last foreign minister had to resign because his nanny's visa application was fast-tracked(her number came up much before it was supposed to).I am sure if some enterprising journalist goes through the list of people accepted,there will be certain people would be somehow related to the officers/incumbents.
I think the only way out(I have mailed the HSMP team four times,not even counting my telephone calls) is to let the media know of this.The people have a right to know why this is being done.At least they will be more forth coming in their approach and if a justified reason is there,people will wait.Otherwise some people feel like idiots waiting for months altogether whereas others get their applications processed in days.

What does the group think?Has anyone mailed to a newspaper etc?

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:15 am

hi ravi and others,

I do fully agree with you, we must write to the HSMP team jointly, and/or to the news papers or media. THey can not just keep us on hold for two and a half months (20th December to 28th February) adn again not updateing status from 16th June this week.

HSMP team must inform us abotu their exact procedural defaults and faults, and how can they start processing applications recieved after us (June)? there is no rationale in this, let us all raise our voice for this, suggest how...

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:51 am

and/or to the news papers or media. <== u sure ???

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:45 am

yes dear Olisum,

Why and where you have doubt?