ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILE for children born in UK from outside the country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saf481
Newly Registered
India

Applying for ILE for children born in UK from outside the country

Post by saf481 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi All,

I and my wife have received our ILR in April 2018. We have 2 kids who are both born in UK. I have not applied for any visa for them while in the UK. All 4 of us travelled out of UK in Aug 2018. I am not able to make out what channel I can use to take my kids back into the UK now. I am looking for an application that would give them "Indefinite Leave to Enter".

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You

vinny

Re: Applying for ILE for children born in UK from outside the country

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:55 am

Apply as a child.

Alternatively, register them and subsequently apply for British passports.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

saf481
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying for ILE for children born in UK from outside the country

Post by saf481 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 pm

There are some questions around this,
1) For applying as a child,
- Would my child (who was born in the UK) be subject to maintenance and accomodation requirements like in the case of a child that was born outside the UK ?

2) To register the child,
- Can I apply to register from outside the UK?
- Would my child be allowed to enter the UK with a registration certificate and an Indian passport ?
- How long would the registration process take assuming that I can apply for it from outside the UK.

3) Alternatively
- Taking my child to the UK on a visitor visa and then applying for ILR from inside UK be allowed at all?

Thank you