ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration advice greatly needed!

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charliebrown
Newly Registered

Immigration advice greatly needed!

Post by charliebrown » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:46 am

Hi all,

I am wishing to immigrate to NZ however, am wanting to know the best route for me and my husband.

I am UK citizen(teacher) my husband is not a UK citizen (Mechanic) and is currently working away in his home country.

I am aiming to come to NZ on a UK working holiday and whilst i'm there aquire a job as a teacher, then apply for skilled migrant, does this give you residency?

at the same time, my husband will visit me on a vistitor visa then once i've secured a job and apply (hopefully get) skilled migrant visa, i can sponser him to come?

Does this seem feasible? I know its risky but at i am so desperate to leave the UK and for my husband and i to begin our life in such a wonderful country.

If anyone has any advice or can reccommend a good immigration expert/lawyer i would be most grateful.

Kind regards to all