ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel during naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR4WIFE
Newly Registered
Pakistan

travel during naturalization

Post by ILR4WIFE » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:55 pm

hi,

i am preparing naturalization application for my wife however she is planning to travel for 3-4 months so can you please let me know if my wife can travel during her naturalization process?

and once we get the naturalization how much time we get to apply for the passport ?

i believe we dont have to submit originals so she can travel?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: travel during naturalization

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:59 pm

She is free to travel. She needs to be in the UK to attend her ceremony, then return her brp card to HO within 5 days and then apply for passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR4WIFE
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ILR4WIFE » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:09 pm

thanks for the quick response

how much time she would have from receiving naturalization to attend the ceremony? is their any minimum / maximum time she have to attend the ceremony?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Once the approval letter is received, she has 21 days to BOOK the ceremony.

The ceremony must be attended within 90 days of approval letter.

You should also be aware that HO could and do often ask for extra documents and original passports to be sent while the application is still pending. So be aware of any requests for documents as she will have a very limited number of days to send it if HO asks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR4WIFE
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ILR4WIFE » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Many Thanks CR001

one more question

if i send her now and apply for naturalization once she is back how long she can be absent for? so once she is back she can apply immediately for naturalization?

PS =
she receive her ILR this week after completing 5 years as PBS dependent
she is applying for naturalization/BC as a spouse of BC being 3 years in UK with no absences
she has no absence in the last 5 years

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:12 pm

The absence limit for citizenship based on 3 years residence is as follows :

No more than 270 days in the WHOLE 3 years immediately prior to date of application.

No more than 90 days in the WHOLE 12 month period immediately prior to date of application.

She must have also been physically present in the UK on the same date 3 years ago as the date she applies for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:12 pm

No more than 270 days in the WHOLE 3 years immediately prior to date of application.

No more than 90 days in the WHOLE 12 month period immediately prior to date of application.

She must have also been physically present in the UK on the same date 3 years ago as the date she applies for citizenship.
Does this apply if someone is on 5 year route? or the person needs to be in UK exactly 5 years ago on the date of application.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:19 pm

alsanober wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:17 pm
CR001 wrote:

Does this apply if someone is on 5 year route? or the person needs to be in UK exactly 5 years ago on the date of application.

Thanks
1. Please don't tag your questions onto other members topic, it is considered rude and is unfair to the OP.

2. 5 year route is different criteria!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ILR4WIFE
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ILR4WIFE » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:03 pm

CR001 wrote:

thank you