ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Life in the UK Test Pass Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ABasu
Mood:
India

Lost Life in the UK Test Pass Letter

Post by ABasu » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:13 pm

HI All,

I have promptly lost my life in the uk test pass letter promptly one day after passing it. Now, I am not sure what the process it. I am more than happy to re-take the test. But is there anything else that can be done?

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Lost Life in the UK Test Pass Letter

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:22 pm

If you google this issue it’ll pop up with a number you can call on and discuss ur options!
Are you absolutely sure you’ve lost it..

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Unfortunately yes, I am sure. I will call that number in the morning. In the meantime, I have booked it again. Just bloody perfect.

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Update
Found the certificate and realised that it had got wet in the rain. All good except the stamp at the bottom that got washed off. Called the helpline to see what to do now. Guess what? Retaking the test this Saturday :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm

ABasu wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 pm
Update
Found the certificate and realised that it had got wet in the rain. All good except the stamp at the bottom that got washed off. Called the helpline to see what to do now. Guess what? Retaking the test this Saturday :D
you “promptly” lost it and “promptly” found it also 😂 but goodluck for the second test!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:31 pm

ABasu wrote:
Update
There is no need to retake the test.. unless you enjoyed ur experience and want to relive it 🙄
You just need the reference number. Did the helpline advise you to retake the test?

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:31 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:31 pm
ABasu wrote:
Update
There is no need to retake the test.. unless you enjoyed ur experience and want to relive it 🙄
You just need the reference number. Did the helpline advise you to retake the test?
Aman,

I called up their number and explained the whole thing. Their response was to re-take the test. I know it is another 50 pounds for nothing. But at this stage, I would rather take the damn test again and get it over with than argue with them over phone. And yes, I absolutely loathed the guy who was checking IDs and would not want to see him again!! :P

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Lol.. so rude staff at the centres is a nation wide issue. I had the same experience. Kept it together by calming myself that it is only this hour and I’m never gonna see her face again..
I’m really surprised that you were advised to retake..
It’s a serious document that requires ur ID and the information is then sent to HO.
Ur BRP, date n time of test and centre, proof of payment, attendance, I think you even sign the pass letter which is sent to HO..
Weird.
Anyways good luck!

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:36 am

Realised that I never updated on the outcome. Of course I passed again :D Now prepping the rest of the things for the ILR application later this month.

initpidzero
Newly Registered
India

Post by initpidzero » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:59 pm

The fees for reissue of this certificate is apparently 200£?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:01 pm

initpidzero wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:59 pm
The fees for reissue of this certificate is apparently 200£?
Nonsense, who told you that??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

initpidzero
Newly Registered
India

Post by initpidzero » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Not sure, but I read it somewhere while searching for change in LIUT, may be on a forum somewhere.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 am

initpidzero wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 pm
Not sure, but I read it somewhere while searching for change in LIUT, may be on a forum somewhere.
Unless you have an official source, please don't post incorrect information.

If a test cert is lost, the person likely has to redo the test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.