ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entrepreneur dependant visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adeechamp
Newly Registered
Pakistan

entrepreneur dependant visa

Post by adeechamp » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:09 pm

hello admins,

I have two question regarding my wife and my daughter and i really need help for those question.
basically I have tier 1 entrepreneur visa which is valid till 2020.

I need to apply visa for my 1 month old daughter who was born in uk.i need to know what are the documents required to apply for her visa and do i need to show maintenance funds as well. if yes then how much minimum maintenance funds required and for how long? ( i tried to find this info on UK GOV website but couldn't understand anything )

my second question is regarding my wife. basically she wants to travel outside UK for few months as she is on entrepreneur dependant visa can she stay outside UK for 180 days at on go or does she need to be back in UK after 90 days? I am bit confused like if she stays more then 3 months outside UK will this affect her visa extension in future as my IlR is due next year.

waiting for advice please

thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: entrepreneur dependant visa

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:54 pm

adeechamp wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:09 pm
hello admins,

I have two question regarding my wife and my daughter and i really need help for those question.
basically I have tier 1 entrepreneur visa which is valid till 2020.

I need to apply visa for my 1 month old daughter who was born in uk.i need to know what are the documents required to apply for her visa and do i need to show maintenance funds as well. if yes then how much minimum maintenance funds required and for how long? ( i tried to find this info on UK GOV website but couldn't understand anything )

my second question is regarding my wife. basically she wants to travel outside UK for few months as she is on entrepreneur dependant visa can she stay outside UK for 180 days at on go or does she need to be back in UK after 90 days? I am bit confused like if she stays more then 3 months outside UK will this affect her visa extension in future as my IlR is due next year.

waiting for advice please

thanks
1. For your daughter, have a look at the PBS dependant guidance - there would be a minimum number of documents needed - parent's visa copy, child BC and maintenance fund should be sufficient. Having some evidence (home lease) may help to show that the child is taken care of but if they need it they will probably ask.
2. Your wife can stay out as long as she wants - it has no impact on her visa extension or your ILR. Staying outside more than 180 days a year will reset HER five year clock for ILR but it only means she will have extend her PBS dependant visa until she has 5 years of continuous stay with less than 180 days in a year outside UK.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

adeechamp
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by adeechamp » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

could you please clear this out for me please that For my daughter visa how much should be the maintenance funds in my account and for how long? (I couldn't find it in UK website) as i have two more dependents, my wife and my another daughter both of them already got there extension till NOV 2020.

In case if i wont be able to show those maintenance funds from my account and i attach my sisters bank statement ( resident in UK ) showing funds with affidavit, will that work and would i be still able to apply my daughters visa in that condition

i really appreciate your reply

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:03 am

adeechamp wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:46 pm
Thank you so much for your reply.

could you please clear this out for me please that For my daughter visa how much should be the maintenance funds in my account and for how long? (I couldn't find it in UK website) as i have two more dependents, my wife and my another daughter both of them already got there extension till NOV 2020.

In case if i wont be able to show those maintenance funds from my account and i attach my sisters bank statement ( resident in UK ) showing funds with affidavit, will that work and would i be still able to apply my daughters visa in that condition

i really appreciate your reply
There is no difference in the maintenance amount - it is £630 for 90 days. Not sure why you don't find it if you had a look at the PBS dependant guidance.

No, you can't use your sister's account for that.

There is no immediate urgency to apply for here visa as she was born here. If she needs to travel back to home country urgently, the visa can be applied from there before coming back.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.