ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Eligibility for Long Residence (10 years) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Employer Letter Absence from Work

Post by UKLL » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Hello,

I am aware that you will need to have a letter from your employer about your absence from work (if outside the UK during employment) including annual leave. I was just wondering if anyone has any template for this letter so I could ask my previous employer to do a letter for me before my previous manager leaves his job.

I plan to apply for the 10 years long residence route next year, is this letter required for that application as well?

Thank you very much for your help!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer Letter Absence from Work

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:25 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

My Eligibility for Long Residence (10 years) application

Post by UKLL » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Hello all,

I am preparing for my long residence application in August 2020. I think I am eligible but I just want to re-assure myself via you guys (Thank you)!

Timeline:
Entered the UK on 7th August 2010 with a Tier 4 student visa (language course)
Extended Tier 4 student visa from inside the UK in October 2010 for MSc
Switched from Tier 4 student visa after graduation to PSW visa from inside the UK in Feb 2012
Switched from PSW to Tier 4 Student visa from inside the UK in Sep 2013
Extended Tier 4 student visa from inside the UK in July 2015
Switched from Tier 4 student visa to Tier 2 general in March 2016
Attempted to extend Tier 2 general due to change of employer in Dec 2017 but application was refused, but old Tier 2 general continued to be valid
Extended Tier 2 in May 2018 from inside of the UK due to change of employer, will be valid until August 2021

Total absence from the UK within the past 8 years and 5 months: 152 days

Am I right to say I can apply for long residence in August 2020?

Thank you for your patience to read and appreciate your reply!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 pm

UKLL wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm
Hello,

I am aware that you will need to have a letter from your employer about your absence from work (if outside the UK during employment) including annual leave. I was just wondering if anyone has any template for this letter so I could ask my previous employer to do a letter for me before my previous manager leaves his job.

I plan to apply for the 10 years long residence route next year, is this letter required for that application as well?

A letter re absence is NOT required for ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: My Eligibility for Long Residence (10 years) application

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Do you have dependents with you in the UK?

All periods of legal stay count towards long residence ILR. Was there anything in particular you are concerned about??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: My Eligibility for Long Residence (10 years) application

Post by UKLL » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:34 pm
Do you have dependents with you in the UK?

All periods of legal stay count towards long residence ILR. Was there anything in particular you are concerned about??
No I don't have dependants. I am applying for my own.

I think my particular concerns are:
After I obtained my PSW I went back to my home country for holidays for 49 days and then returned to the UK, which I don't think should be an issue. I was not really working between March 2012 and March 2013 on my PSW visa although I was legally staying in the UK with some very short holidays in Europe. I don't know how I could prove that I was in the UK during that time in my application. I didn't have utility bills as my rent included everything.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 pm
UKLL wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm
Hello,

A letter re absence is NOT required for ILR based on long residence.
Ah that is good to know thank you!