ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization not refused but HO asked for more information

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mandycds
Newly Registered
Brazil

Naturalization not refused but HO asked for more information

Post by mandycds » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:11 am

:mrgreen: Hello guys

I came to Dublin in 2006, they gave me 1 week visa. I was frightned there because I was alone. I left my country due to discrimination for being gay. Family and small village could not accept it . I had some savings and used this money to leave my country. In Dublin I got the bus and I came to London to meet my sister in law. She gave me emotional and finantially support for 1 year. I never worked in this period. Then I met my currently partner and I started to live with her. In December 2009 I brought myself to HO asking the permission for the Civil Partneship. I got it and then started to work, paying my tax, never claimed for benefits. Today I have my indefinite leave to remain since March/2016. I did not know much about law that time so I never asked for asylum or something like that. Anyway, I applied for my naturalization but the HO did not refuse at all neither accept it immediatelly. They asked for more informations. I am providing with my sister-in-law’ letter saying that she was responsible for my maintenance also my partner’s letter saying she was responsible to pay our rent and everything else for both of us till I get my Visa. I do not know if I will get it, probably not. But I will update you guys, maybe can help someone.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Re: Naturalization not refused but HO asked for more information

Post by Dave12560 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:52 pm

when did you apply and what is full wording for information ? what is full letter say

mandycds
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mandycds » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:43 pm

I applied this month 12/2018. They sent that letter that they are sending for all of applications being refused: “What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question?”

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:45 pm

i cant uderstand write full letter tajing out ur details

mandycds
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mandycds » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:45 pm
i cant uderstand write full letter tajing out ur details
What do you mean?

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:50 pm

write full lettr wording and all peragraph what date u applied ?

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:52 pm

I think dave12560 is asking for the original contents of your letter without disclosing your personal details like name, address etc.

It is interesting that you applied this month and already received that letter asking for more information.

mandycds
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mandycds » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:05 pm

I came to Dublin in 2006 and I got a bus to London. Basically I was running away of my village in my country, but that time I was with scared and did not know anything about immigration laws. I was living for 1 year with my sister in law ( I was not working, I was frightened and emotional sick). I met my partner in December (2006) and in August (2007) I went to live with her (she is Portuguese). In 2009 I brought myself to HO and they gave us the certification of approval for civil partneship. I got my Resident card for 5 years and in 2016 I applied for my Indefinite leave to Remain. Now This month December 2018 I applied for my Naturalization, HO answered me in 1 week: According to our records, you were in the UK without leave to remain under the immigration laws between 08/08/2006 when you state you entered the UK and 12/11/10 when you held your Civil Partneship to an EEA National. It would therefore appear that you were not compliant with UK immigration laws during this period and may not meet the good character requirement for naturalisation. In order that we may give further consideration to your application, please complete the enclosed questionnaire and return it to us with the appropriate documentary evidence. You must reply in writting tonthe above postal address by 24/112/2018.

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:22 pm

So it looks like you will have to send the questionnaire back to them explaining your activities in the period when you did not have leave to remain.

Anil2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Anil2018 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Dear Mandy,
Is there any chance that you could kindly post the questionnaire as I am finding myself in quiet similar situatioin.
Many thanks in advance and please keep us updated :shock:

mandycds
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mandycds » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello my dear
I answered all questions this week and just posted it today. Basically the questions were about my situation and life while illegal. If I had gone to college? If I had worked? Who was reaponsible for my maintenance? Which steps did I take to legalize? If I had asked for any benefits?

Anil2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Anil2018 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Thank you for your kind reply Mandy! I will keep my fingers crossed for you, if they wanted to refuse they would it right away, if they ask extra questions -there is hope.
Good luck !

mandycds
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mandycds » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Thank you Anil2018. I will keep you update. Happy new year

mandycds
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mandycds » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Guys just to let you know that my application has been successful. I just received the letter today. Thanks a lot and I will keep with my fingers crosses for all of you. 🙏🙏🙏 :D

khlid77

Post by khlid77 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 am

Hi @mandycds congrats
And thanks for updating us
Did you applied online ?

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 am

Congrats mandycds...👍