ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship app (Permanent Resident Document route) A Few Questions?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramaya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

Citizenship app (Permanent Resident Document route) A Few Questions?

Post by Ramaya » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Hi,

I have had my Permanent Resident Card (PRC) for a few years and now decided to apply for full citizenship as well. I have the following questions:

1: Letters of national insurance contribution: I have only been employed the last 3 years of my time in the UK, do I need to prove that I was not a burden to the system for the period before that? (I had to do this for my PRC application and I was successful)

2: I have a speeding ticket FPN (paid immediately) and 3 points on my licence, I understand it is in my best interest to mention that within my application but my question is under which section:

Criminal convictions?
Details of judgment or civil penalty?
or
Details of caution (simple or conditional), warning, or reprimand?

3: Are my payslips and P60's enough as proof of employment or do I need to provide an official letter from the company I work for?

Apologies if this is at the wrong section.
Would really appreciate your input.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship app (Permanent Resident Document route) A Few Questions?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Ramaya wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:37 pm
Hi,

I have had my Permanent Resident Card (PRC) for a few years and now decided to apply for full citizenship as well. I have the following questions:

1: Letters of national insurance contribution: I have only been employed the last 3 years of my time in the UK, do I need to prove that I was not a burden to the system for the period before that? (I had to do this for my PRC application and I was successful) No - there is no requirement to be employed, you can be unemployed, receiving benefits, etc.

2: I have a speeding ticket FPN (paid immediately) and 3 points on my licence, I understand it is in my best interest to mention that within my application but my question is under which section:

Criminal convictions?
or
Not sure where if you are using the online application - for the paper application you can use the freeform section to give further details.

3: Are my payslips and P60's enough as proof of employment or do I need to provide an official letter from the company I work for?
You are proving residence - so yes P60 are fine - or if you have worked for just the one company a letter from them would be more convenient in my experience.

Apologies if this is at the wrong section.
Would really appreciate your input.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ramaya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

Post by Ramaya » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:15 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:07 pm
Ramaya wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Criminal convictions?
or
Not sure where if you are using the online application - for the paper application you can use the freeform section to give further details.
Thanks for your replies. Is the postal application still acceptable? I'm a bit confused atm as the NCS is not longer available with the council. I'm yet to find info for the relevant alternative (in Edinburgh). My main issue with the postal application is the retention of my passport.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Postal is still available, however you will have to send all your originals and won't receive them back for few months.
Use online to fill in your application and load scans of your documents, then you can book an appointment with UKVCAS, see below link:
british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ramaya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

Post by Ramaya » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 pm
Postal is still available, however you will have to send all your originals and won't receive them back for few months.
Use online to fill in your application and load scans of your documents, then you can book an appointment with UKVCAS, see below link:
british-citizenship/new-uk-visa-and-cit ... 67059.html
Again thanks for the response.
My only concern is were do I note the FPN then, maybe as additional information?
I take UKVCAS are now also doing the Bio-metric?