ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent letter from scholarship organisation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kamla
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Consent letter from scholarship organisation

Post by Kamla » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 am

Hi,

I was a Tier 4 student under a full scholarship from the Ministry in my home country. I am currently in the UK and have obtained a job and my employer is sponsoring my Tier 2 visa. I have obtained the consent letter from the Government and it says so:

This is to certify that XXXX was awarded a scholarship under State of XXXX Scholarship Scheme 2017 and as a consequence thereof, she signed an 'Undertaking' with the Government of XXXX.

This Ministry hereby certifies that notwithstanding the aforesaid undertaking, XXXX has the unconditional consent of the Ministry to remain or re-enter the United Kingdom.

Is everything alright with this?

Thank you so much.

srsw

Re: Consent letter from scholarship organisation

Post by srsw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Probably better to explicitly get it in writing that unconditional consent includes consent for "taking up employment in the UK".
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:10 pm

Why do you need this? The Home Office does not care who paid for your study. They only need your degree certificate to show that you meet the criteria for switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2.

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 pm

UKLL wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:10 pm
Why do you need this? The Home Office does not care who paid for your study. They only need your degree certificate to show that you meet the criteria for switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
There was a question in the application form (at least when I changed from Tier 4 to Tier 2, which was:

"Have you been sponsored by a Government or international scholarship agency within the last 12 months?"

If one answers yes, then you need to provide consent letter from them.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:35 pm

srsw wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 pm
UKLL wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:10 pm
There was a question in the application form (at least when I changed from Tier 4 to Tier 2, which was:

"Have you been sponsored by a Government or international scholarship agency within the last 12 months?"

If one answers yes, then you need to provide consent letter from them.
I see, thank you!